1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xecuter 2.3 (help)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by gblythe, Mar 11, 2004.

1. gblythe

gblythe Guest

I want to ask is there any way i can get an link or download on how to flash or reflash the bios for the x-2.3 lite? I have no ideal on how to flash the bios. Pls help if you can or email me at www.gblythe_78@yahoo.com. ty

2. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

hi i hope this helps i got this from another post that i read a long time ago. it explains it better.

======================
    How to use FlashBIOS
    ======================

Step 1 - Creating the Bios CD

- Get the bios you need from EFNET #xbins (we recommend X2 4979.06). Make it 512k with X2 Bios Manager naming the file BIOS.BIN (case sensitive)

- Select a CDRW or DVDR media compatible with your XBox's DVD-Rom.
    (Most CDRW will work and most DVD-R will work. If you have a Samsung Drive then some CD-R will work)

- Burn the BIOS.BIN file onto a CD using NERO - (select the following settings, No Multisession, ISO Level 1, Format Mode 1, ISO 9660,
    Deselect Joliet, Finalize CD, Disc-At-Once)

- You should add a dummy file to the CD (anything between 100MB and 500MB will do) to ensure it is read properly by the XBOX.

Step 2 - Flashing with FlashBIOS (Cromwell)

- Turn your XBox console ON, when the DVD-Rom tray ejects please insert your BIOS.BIN CD and close the tray.

- When the flashing procedure is complete the Xbox will shut down.

- If your modchip is write protected or the programming fails you will be informed by error messages on screen (It will say Unknown Flash! Halting)

3. gblythe

gblythe Guest

that's all i need to do is what you gave me? ty

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yeah except get the newer bios xecuter 4981. these are the latest bios.

5. gblythe

gblythe Guest

ty i see if i can do it

6. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

hey were you able to do it?

7. gblythe

gblythe Guest

just got back fr the hospital, wife is preg. not yet ty

8. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

oh wow man, hope everything turns out ok and just get back to be when you try the method i have given you.

PEACE

9. gblythe

gblythe Guest

ok ty man

10. Timanator

Timanator Guest

Once the bios is flashed, every time I reboot the Xbox, it returns to the Cromwell screen and the dvd tray reopens and Flashing Mode is back. Help Please.

11. Timanator

Timanator Guest

Daskins, you seem to know what you are talking about. Can you help me out. I also have a Xecuter 2.3b Lite Plus I am looking forward to doing things with the new chip, just stuck at this point. You can email me at timlaunna@sbcglobal.net Thanks for the help.

12. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

CHECK your PM. and get the xecuter bios 4981.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"i'm Rick James Bitch!"[/small]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  13. genetikz

genetikz Member

yea! i got the same problem timanator does!

14. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

what exactly is your problem though getting the file? or flashing it?

15. vwv

vwv Member

I have to ask, why don't the people you buy the bloody mod chip from just give you a blasted CD. I've been searching on the internet for the appropriate stuff for like 2 hours, and I consider myself fairly intelligent.

I've learned that apparently i need a 1 megabyte file for my Xecuter 2.3B Lite+ Mod Chip, which is installed and working for the most part, however my xbox isn't reconguizing my 300 gig harddrive, i'm wondering if flashing the bios might fix that? anyone know?

So now when i turn on my xbox I get the message that says to insert a cd to update the flash, this is where i apparently need a 1 meg .bin file with 100 megs worthless file on a CDR to put in my xbox. So can someone just email me the exact file i need to put on a cd? I've been looking for just a place to download it and for the life i can't find it on the internet, it shouldn't have to be this complicated. Are people honestly that concerned with downloading one megabyte? Little frustration over here...

So i have the information about the nero settings, so if someone could direct me exactly how to make or get the blasted 1 meg bios file for the 2.3B Lite+ Chip, that'd be great. The best bios apparently is the 4981.

I also read somewhere about putting the 100 meg file into a seperate folder or something, do you guys know anything about that or can i burn just the two files right next to each other?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  16. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

they can;t give you any CD with the bios oin it because the BIOS are built with XBOX code so that means its illigal. and you don't need a 1 meg file a 512k file will work as well. the 100 meg file you are talking bout is a DUMMY file that basically mkaes it easier for your xbox drive to read the CD. Go to eurasia.nu/ and search there for the files you want (xecuter4981)

17. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

oh and don;t post your e-mail your gonna get spammed like crazy dude.

18. vwv

vwv Member

Okay, so I downloaded the BIOS information and put it on a cd with a dummy file, put it in my xbox and the xbox took it perfectly, updated the bios and turned off exactly like it was suppose to do... When I turned the xbox back on it came up with the error 13, which, from what i have been reading, was exactly what the 4981 version was suppose to fix. When I downloaded the Xecuter2.4981 file it seemed to give me 2 bios choices the .06_256 and the .67_256. I used the .06 and with that got the 13 error (something like no dashboard on boot).

My question now is how do i go about fixing this issue. How can I reflash as it were my bios. Now when I boot the xbox with the mod chip enabled I get this error, so how do I reset it so i can flash it again. I'm entirely new to mod chips (go figure, its not obvious I'm sure) so If you could explain it like you were talking to an eight year old with no computer experience, that'd be good.

Listen, This is greatly, GREATLY, appreciated.

19. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

first of all what size did you make the bios you can use either on of the file .06 and .67. i use the .06 file though. you were suppose to make it 512k with XBTOOL you can find the link to that at xbox-scene.com. then when you resized it with xbtool follow these instructions that i gave a earlier:

======================
    How to use FlashBIOS
    ======================

Step 1 - Creating the Bios CD

- Get the bios you need from EFNET #xbins (we recommend X2 4981.06). Make it 512k with X2 Bios Manager naming the file BIOS.BIN (case sensitive)

- Select a CDRW or DVDR media compatible with your XBox's DVD-Rom.
    (Most CDRW will work and most DVD-R will work. If you have a Samsung Drive then some CD-R will work)

- Burn the BIOS.BIN file onto a CD using Nero - (select the following settings, No Multisession, ISO Level 1, Format Mode 1, ISO 9660,
    Deselect Joliet, Finalize CD, Disc-At-Once)

- You should add a dummy file to the CD (anything between 100MB and 500MB will do) to ensure it is read properly by the XBOX.

Step 2 - Flashing with FlashBIOS (Cromwell)

- Turn your XBox console ON, when the DVD-Rom tray ejects please insert your BIOS.BIN CD and close the tray.

- When the flashing procedure is complete the Xbox will shut down.

- If your modchip is write protected or the programming fails you will be informed by error messages on screen (It will say Unknown Flash! Halting)

if you made it one meg then you are most likely gonna have to buy a programmer because the 2.3lite+ can only hold i meg of bios data which is enough for 2 flashes with files of 512k.

20. vwv

vwv Member

I made it 1 meg... most of the websites that it should be a one meg file, but that doesn't matter, so the next step is for me to buy a programmer... all i really want to do is to reset the bios, so I can flash it again, if I need a programmer to do that then i guess that's what i have to do...

So let's assume I buy this programmer, how easy is it to reset the bios? What exactly do i have to do? Apparently they use a 9volt battery and a usb connection, but do i need to start looking for certain software to be able to use this programmer or what? More information would be appreciated...

I'm looking at this programmer, any suggestions?
    http://www.modchip.ca/products/xbox/xecuterpro.php