1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 360usb noob questions???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sandy10, Jul 14, 2007.

1. sandy10

sandy10 Member

Could someone please tell me if what i read is right.I dont have a compatible sata chip-set and have been scratching my head trying to find the simplest,SAFEST method to flash ones firmware especially considering i'm not that experienced in the 360.Is the 360usb from Xecuter capable of this on its own?I have read that it is but would like someone in the know to help me out with an explanation.If it is then how many of the different drives is it actually capable of flashing and is it as straight forward as it seems.If not then perhaps someone could advise me on my options.I don't really want to get the 360 blaster as i tend to buy and sell the odd console and obviously the installed Blaster would have to be bought every time i get a 360!I just want something that will flash my 360 and then if i get another 360 at some point i can just get my gadget out and flash it and so on...I do have a half decent P.c. to help as well (Dell Dimension 2400 with a Intel 82801db ata which isn't compatible,is it?)
    Sorry if my wording leaves you lost but i ain't that technical,sorry!
    I appreciate all and any positive feedback from you guys,you've always done right by me in the past.Hence why i'm back.
    Cheers.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

The USB version is only for one specific Hitachi DVD drive, so if you happen to have that drive then yes, you can flash it using USB rather than SATA. But you can also get a PCI slot card for your PC that will do it and it will only cost about $15-$20 to get one. Ask around in the 360 section of the forums at the bottom of this section for some suggestions on compatible cards you can get to flash with.

3. sandy10

sandy10 Member

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 which has Intel 82801db which i dont think is compatible (is is,anyone?).If i get one of these cards which i have looked into,specifically the VT6421L Chipset SATA & IDE Card with mtkflash but how do i know if there is a spare slot in my pc for this to fit and do i need to do anything apart from simply plugging it in? Sorry if these are silly questions but im no expert! And if i install one of these is it capable of flashing all the different 360 drives or at least a fair few of them.
    Cheers

4. steimy

steimy Active member

go to the Dell website and look up your computer. It will have a motherboard spec sheet there that tells you which slots you have.
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim2400/en/sm_en/techov.htm
    Then open the computer and look inside for the PCI slots (according to that you have 3 PCI slots) to see if any are open, most of the time there will be at least one open slot. Most cards these days are plug and play so hooking it up should be all you need. At most you may need to install some sort of firmware which would come with tha card.

5. sandy10

sandy10 Member

Thanks for that,i have opened it up and found 2 spare slots.Will i still have to disconnect all my pc drives or not?
    Any flashing guides for dummies anyone???
    Or is that like saying Dynamite for novices!!!
    Cheers.

6. steimy

steimy Active member