1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter Blaster 360 and BenQ Driver: Step by Step help PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Shan2k, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Shan2k

Shan2k Member

I installed my Xecuter Blaster 360 today and I don't know where to start when it comes to flashing the driver or downloading the necessary software! The Blaster didn't come with any instructions and I've searched the web but couldn't find anything that helps my situation... My Xbox 360 has a BenQ ODD and I've only downloaded iPrep...

I install iPrep and where it says SATA Info it reads "This Device is not supported".

My Device reads: VAX347S SCSI Controller

When I switch it, It says: "DOSFlash Compatibility only" and reads: Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB

Whether or not this is relevant, I still need help, step by step!!!

I've seen that a few people have figured it out but haven't posted any tutorials or links!

PLEASE, IF ANYONE HAS FIGURED THIS OUT, PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST! I THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERY WHO IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM BY SAYING, WE WOULD SINCERELY APPRECIATE IT! THANKS

2. art2004

art2004 Guest

hi,
    u will all here. vidio's ect. good luck
    http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=277

3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

4. Shan2k

Shan2k Member

Thanks tripplite! That was my next option! LOL! The only reason I bought the Blaster360 is because of the option to switch your xbox360 back to its original firmware.. That way I can still play my original games online without getting banned. I also it bought because you only have to flash once...

5. Shan2k

Shan2k Member

I forgot to mention that I have The Blaster 360 NE. It doesn't have a SATA Power outlet!

Also, what are the switches for the NE for it to be ON? Is this it?

ModeON
    PC
    Power: ON

And do I Just have to turn the Blaster switch OFF instead of shutting the entire xbox360 OFF since there's no SATA Power outlet?

????????????????

6. ste0087

ste0087 Member

not sure but there is a good video on youtube check it out here about the xecuter blaster 360 i don't think he is flashing the benq drive but it should be the same.

7. drizzamed

drizzamed Member

This is a paste from the blaster 360 forums that I posted: hope it helps.

For benq drives, the Mode is just set to ON on the blaster.

I don't know which tutorial, guide, forum this should be posted or if this would fall under the raid controllers but here is some very handy info. Some people could possibly be returning their blaster360 stating they don't work because of this.

I have a benq drive, via vt 6421 raid controller, and blaster360 NE. I went with the NTFS4DOS boot cd method in flashing my benq. Here is what I figured out..

I was following the hacking the 360 for noobs tutorial (also in the benq tutorial) and made it to the point where I was in the iprep folder in dos, had my blaster set correctly, plugged in my sata cable from the pc to the blaster and never saw the iprep terms of use screen. (I fought for days trying to figure out if my raid controller wasn't working out of windows, or if I had a wire that came loose after installed the blaster)

1. Via vt6421 raid controllers have an external port facing out the bay, which is stated in support that this poses a problem and may not work, and is recommended to use the port closest to the front of the pc. Fine, no problem.

2. You may not ever see that iprep terms of use screen unless you type in "intro" from the iprep folder in dos. It's the only executable in the root of that folder, and it's intro.exe that brings you to the terms of use screen.

3. I did not partition a section of my hard drive which is 250 gig, so this could have been a contribution to the problem? Maybe, either way... the tutorials don't state that this is the type of situation that may happen if it isn't partitioned.

I'm hopeing that this is something new that can be of some help to others who may have the same problem I had. If it isn't anything new, then thanks a lot for not helping.

I can see where people will return their blaster stating it isn't working, I was on the verge of wondering if I had a defective blaster.

8. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

get rid of the blaster and flash your drive!

9. Shan2k

Shan2k Member

I think I'm going to return my BLASTER! It's a LOAD OF GARBAGE!!! Here are the problems I'm having that I explained in other threads:

Xecuter Blaster 360 NE with BenQ Driver not working!

1) I’ve tried everything in TEXTBOOK.2008.pdf there was to make iPrep bootable files from USB, CD (NTFS4DOS), to Floppy Disk. The only one that works for me is the NTFS4DOS. But it still won’t flash!! When I plug the SATA into the Xbox 360 and turn it on at the necessary time, it just freezes at “STATUS 0x7F” No matter what I do, it won’t budge. I’ve tired several different ways

This is also weird… After I entered my Serial Number in NTFS4DOS, it reads like this:

E:\IPREP] dben 1043341 65165

MKDIR Failed for ‘Backups\1043341
    MKDIR Failed for ‘Backups\1043341 \65165

That’s what it says before the dialog comes up saying “Ensure your BenQ Drive is turned OFF”

(note: iPrep is not noticed in my C drive when I enter it at the NTFS4DOS screen. I’ve even tried typing “DIR” but it still doesn’t show up. I’ve even tired decreasing my partition in my C Drive! Still doesn’t show up!)

I just don’t understand! My SATA driver reads perfect on my PC, I have the blaster 360 NE buttons turned to ModeOn, PC, and the power button ON. I’ve even tried the other way by turning the button ModeOFF. I have the Blaster hooked up correctly inside the xbox360. I just don’t get it

2) I can’t seem to understand why the Floopy disk and the USB won’t work! I changed the USB in SETUP to “[USB FDD]” but it was to no avail. I even tried pressing “Esc” before it boots up my Windows XP home edition, but it still gives me the floppy disc as an option, not the USB. I can’t change the USB to be the first boot either! Is there someone out there who can help me?

BTW, I have a Sony Vaio with Award Modular BIOS v.60

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  10. Shan2k

Shan2k Member

I think one of the reasons it wasn't work is because I was using a Silicon Sil 3512 SATA and not a VIA. A lot people say the VIA6421 is highly recommended!

11. Shan2k

Shan2k Member

I’ve tired flashing my benq driver with Xecutor Blaster 360 NE but I was to no avail. I’ve used iPrep, Dosflash16, and Dosflash32. No luck at all. I’ve followed all of the instructions as possible. I know I’m doing it right because when I get to the MTK vendor intro section, it freezes at “STATUS 0x7F” no matter what I do.

(BTW when I used Dosflash16 to make the orig.bin it doesn’t let me… For those of you who can’t get iprep to work, you might have luck flashing your benq with Dosfalsh16 Here’s the link: http://www.i-hack.org/game-consoles/xbox360/flash-your-benq-dvdrom-drive.html)

When I try Dosflash32 it lets me know that my PC DVD driver is trying to be flashed!!!

My SATA card is a VIA VT6421 RAID controller, I have it in port 1 and I know I have my Devices I/O right.

My PC specs (more or less):
    System: Sony Vaio
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    BIOS Version: Award Software, Inc. ACPI BIOS Revision 2002
    System Type: X86-based PC
    DirectX version: DirectX version 9.0

I’m starting to think the problem my lie deeper.

1) I may have a Defective Xecutor Blaster 360 NE. The NE makes it hard to turn the Blaster off for 2 -4 seconds then back on because it doesn’t have the power supply like the old version. It takes 7 -10 seconds for everything to turn off… Also, if you just try turning off the blaster at the top, the Xbox is still running and the SATA is still given the signal that it’s on.

2) Maybe my Benq can’t be flashed. I have one of the newer versions of the xbox360 (one of the fall 07 consoles). Maybe Microsoft put a code in the benq so that it couldn’t be flashed by modders?

3)
    perhaps my PC won’t cooperate with the process. I updated my Microsoft security and service pack recently; maybe theirs a code written in the packs. It could also be that commercial computers have a high risk of not cooperating.

I have no clue to what it is. I haven’t tried just flashing the benq driver without the Blaster 360 NE attached, but the purpose of using the Blaster was so that I only had to flash the driver once and switch modes so that I won’t get banned from Xbox live.

If anyone has any solutions to my problem, feel free to comment. At this point it seems trivial. LOL!

12. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

13. Shan2k

Shan2k Member

I did already... My BenQ, more than likely, can't be flashed. I removed my Blaster 360 NE and tried to flash my driver. Didn't work! I used all 3 programs. No luck.

14. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

that benq can be flashed if you trash the blaster and flash useing textbooks guide.
    i dont understand why some people make things so hard.

15. Shan2k

Shan2k Member

WHY PEOPLE MAKE THINGS SO HARD????? I WAS USING THE TEXTBOOK! LOL! Everything I explained at the top I did without the blaster connected. RE-read my statement again! I've followed the tutorial so accurate that I know the iPrep, DOsflash16, and 32 commands by heart! COL!
    We have to understand that many peoples benQ drivers may not be able to flash the same as someones 5 months earlier. MS are not idiots. They've probably made adjustments to the security!

If you know anyone who has had their driver after Sept. 2007, and has successfully flashed it, Please let me know!

Here's a perfect example: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=619356&st=300

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  16. rendog131

rendog131 Member

The new 360's can be flashed. I have a BenQ drive in my 360 that was bought in December. Flashed it fine with following the textbook guide.