1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xecuter blaster360 ruined my dvd drive : -(

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by addflash, Mar 29, 2007.

1. addflash

addflash Member

Today i recieved the blaster360 from mrmodchip.com.I'd installed blaster as instructed in this website.
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials-xbox360/blaster360.php
    i've purchased molex adapter from them but when conect the molex adapter with blaster360,i've heard the click sound and smoke came from blaster360 :-( now when i put any game in dvd drive i've got open tray messege.Please help me what should i do now.My xbox360 is still open.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. Sonysoft

Sonysoft Member

dahm man, thats too bad, feel for ya. Have you got the drive key??, if so you could buy a replacement 360 drive of the internet for not too much. Sorry its all i know, hope you find a solution.

3. addflash

addflash Member

Yeah man its really annoying me it's been 3 hours to contacted mrmodchips.com but i think they are not intrested to give me reply.

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

well, was the computer turned on when you plugged it into the xbox 360?

5. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

well apparantly you have connected the power of the dvd-drive faulty... so lack of experience killed your dvd drive not the blaster360, because this device works properly.

so this must've been a very bad plastic smell =P i've had similar experiences . i blew up a few PSU's for xbox1 just for laughs

6. addflash

addflash Member

No mate i did'nt connect the pc with the blaster.Anyway now my xbox360 is back in action after unplug the blaster360 and all included cables with it.So my guess is Blaster360 is faulty and i've on team-xecuter website,everybody is getting the problem.So i am warning you guys think 1000 times before buy this item.

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yeah, next time get the xeno topgear or something, or dont get anything at all, just open the case to dump your games and everything you need to do.

8. addflash

addflash Member

So many peoples are crying about this item team-xecuter website.Oh my GOD they robbed us.
    And here is the response from Mrmodchip.com website:

The item cannot be faulty as all xecuter products are double tested at factory level to ensure they are 100% working.

The only faults can be end user install damage or incorrect install.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

In other words, everything we ship works, it's your fault. We got your money so F*** off, eh?

10. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I had the same problem with my blaster. hooked it up after checking numerous times that it was installed correctly, turned on the device (not the 360),there was a burning smell
    & then smoke poured out the front of the blaster and my dvd drive no longer works! Gets error 65 and it wont let me flash it back to original state or reflash it to xtreme state :-(
    Tried to return the product to neoshop.co.uk but they are not replying to any of my messages.

i'd stay away from the blaster.

11. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

go blaster 360 lol. burnnnnn them alll

12. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Yeah you're a funny man!

13. addflash

addflash Member

I had the same problem with my blaster. hooked it up after checking numerous times that it was installed correctly, turned on the device (not the 360),there was a burning smell
    & then smoke poured out the front of the blaster and my dvd drive no longer works! Gets error 65 and it wont let me flash it back to original state or reflash it to xtreme state :-(
    Tried to return the product to neoshop.co.uk but they are not replying to any of my messages.
    i'd stay away from the blaster.[/quote]

@Shinnter@
    Have you solved your problem mate yet or not?Unplug every cable which came blaster and plug the original cables and see might be this will solve your problem i guess.

14. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I have completley removed the blaster now and my box boots to error 65.
    if i take the drive out the box boots up fine and connects to live so i'm guessing my drive is now dead. Have tried to reflash drive to original and to xtreme 5.2 but am not able to access it via mtkflash or samhack.Guess ill just have to buy a new drive and fit that in and throw my blaster in the bin!!

So is your box working ok now then?

@Shinnter@
    Have you solved your problem mate yet or not?Unplug every cable which came blaster and plug the original cables and see might be this will solve your problem i guess.[/quote]

15. addflash

addflash Member

Sorry to hear about that mate.
    Yeah mine is working well after completly took off blaster360.I really dont know about error65,so i cant comment on that but u keep eye on this thread might be there is somebody with this problem and solve the issue.GOOD LUCK
    http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45339