1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter's Blaster 360 Mod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jimmy42, Mar 16, 2007.

1. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

http://www.xbox-modchips.com/blaster.htm

This thing seems pretty neato, but will anyone be getting one of these?

Or will most of you just flash the firmware with a connectivity kit of some sort?

They seem kind of expensive, but I am just wondering if they are really worth it or not.

Some/any input would be much appreciated :)

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

unless you plan to flash it about every week or so, its not worth 80 bucks or however much it is

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

For $30 less you could get the Xeno Top Gear.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEZFklAlpVXtIXRKGo.php

Also, I think alot of people are missing that besides flashing the drive, either product could be used for those who don't use a samsung sh-d162c to rip their games. If people don't want to get the pc drive, these could be a wise alternative.

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

the xeno and the blaster look very similar, I have a blaster on order but if the xeno is chepaer then maybe i'll go down that route. Will be a handy device IMO.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

i will probably get both and make video tutorials for both :)

6. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

Nice 2 video tutorials :)

Ive heard rumors the TOP GEAR from Xeno corrupts drives..

However I think xecuter may be spreading that rumor

How have the rest of you flashed your drives?

7. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

What do you mean how have the rest of you flashed your drives? i flashed mine tonight using xtreme bootmaker and xtreme 5.2 firmware (again thanks to theridges!!)

8. fgamer

fgamer Guest

That's pretty expensive for something that's just mainly used for updating the firmware. I'll get it when the price falls to maybe $50.

9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

it may not fall, they may quit making it if no one wants it

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  10. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Well they can stop making it then because I'll go pay for the other cheaper version when it comes out.

11. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

since I am some what of a n00b when it comes to 360 firmware modding, how often do you really have to update the firmware?

12. fgamer

fgamer Guest

You don't even need to update it often, so it really makes no sense for them to charge such a high price for something that will only be used once in a while.

13. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i have had this 360 that im on right now for about 5 months or maybe 4 and havent updated the firmware once, just put 5.2a and havent messed with it, i guess it would come in handy if you were going to use your 360 to rip games, so i guess its not too bad of a price really, the more you think about it.

14. fgamer

fgamer Guest

It is a bad price in my opinion just look at the opositions, it's priced at $45 for the same exact product that does the same exact thing. They purposefully inflated the price like that because they thought there was no other alternative out there but little as they know Xeno Top Gear is now shipping out the same exact product for a much lower price. http://www.xenotopgear.com/

15. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

It appears Blaster 360 prices have dropped 5 - $10 a piece but ya they still are expensive :(

This is Team Xecuter's Post as to why one should get their Blaster over the Xeno one...

We should recap on a couple of points raised on the forums when asked what the difference was between the Blaster360 and other cheap rip offs. The Blaster360 includes the following major differences....

* Electronic Digital Sata Exchange - 100% reliability on Flashing Firmware & Dumping Game data to the PC - ESSENTIAL FOR RELIABILITY!
    * Seperate Power Input - Auto internal switching unit that completely isolates the power to the ODD away from the Xbox. Also no need to carry around the Xbox360 Huge Power Supply.
    * Built In Connectivity Kit (Modeb / Eject / Samsung MS28 Power on/off)
    * We include the Xbox360 Case Unlocking tool that retails for $10
    * We also include a quality Torx10 screwdriver at no extra cost
    * Easier & faster installation - no ripping apart the metal frame
    * LED function for Xbox mode & PC mode (also includes Glow feature and can be disabled)
    * Much higher quality build - no cheap China rips offs.
    * Months of real testing by ourselves and many scene members - all with 100% results.
    * Original Xecuter Design - Support the makers not the fakers.
    * Huge community support

Interesting I guess. Only time will tell if it is actually better then the Xeno Top Gear or exactly the same(function wise) :) I am willing to bet on the latter

16. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Here's Xeno Top Gears response to Team Xecutors comments....

We are happy to announce that the first batch of XENO TOP GEAR shipments went smoothly. Just a reminder, each XENO TOP GEAR ships with a detailed instructions set as well as the COMPLETE OPENING TOOL, absolutely free.

We would also like to take this opportunity to respond to some of our competitor's claims:
    a) THE XENO TOP GEAR is 100% reliable on Flashing Firmware and Dumping game data to the PC. Tested in our vigorous QC process.
    b) No additional Separate Power Input needed, reducing the weight of shipment to retailers and end users alike reducing shipping cost
    c) DELUXE Xbox 360 unlocking kit included ABSOLUTLEY FREE
    d) Conservative installation approach reducing risk of short circuiting unit (responsible way to show users the safest path to install)
    e) LED function for future versions (coming soon)
    f) High quality build (Proud to be made in China - unlike others who ARE made in China and lie about it) - we have a bullet proof QC process and our factory manufacture for various major Japanese / US brands
    g) Vigorous months of QC and testing and ensure our high quality product.
    h) ORIGINAL Design. We have our unique approach to the application. Supporting the anti-competition claims means supporting a MONOPLOY in the Xbox 360 scene and is encouraging the competition to be GREEDY, Charging more $$$ and ripping off customers.
    i) Huge Community support for our young team.

17. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

Interesting. Where did you find that X-S ?

I am gonna have to try both out I guess :)

18. fgamer

fgamer Guest

www.xbox-scene.com
    Your going to have to scroll down to find it. Here's the forums where people are talking about it http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=592746

19. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

Thank you for the link

20. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

Got my blaster mod from http://www.xbox-modchips.com/blaster.htm today. This thing seems cool, even though I probably wont use it all that much.

I am glad I went with the blaster over the Xeno TOP GEAR. The xeno manufacturers just admitted they needed to improve their Hardware :S

Anyways, will be giving this a try later tonight.

Anyone else installed theirs yet? Was it easy, does it work well etc?

Oh ya I also got sent a free unlock and Clear green 360 DVD CASE... thought that was neato :)