1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecutor 3 booting issues

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by djkc2000, Mar 1, 2005.

1. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

I'm having some trouble with my X3. I installed it not too long ago. My Xbox is a V1.6 box. J have been able to install it well and use it. I've also upgraded my HDD to 250GIG. I'm using the X3 3029 bios.

Problem is:
    WHenever I boot the xbox with the chip enabled, everything works fine but when I try and boot the box with the chip disabled I get a "05 Service required, Call customer Support" Frag. Because of this I haven't been able to use XBL.
    Any Ideas?

Thank in advance....

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the reason you are getting error code #5 is because your hd is unlocked...the x3 bios should allow you to lock the hd, that is if the hd is lockable...if you do lock the hd, make sure you write down the lock code, in case you would like to unlock the hd...i would also advise you to not take the 250gig hd onto live if you have already been on live with your stock hd...many people have been banned after they upgrade to a bigger hd

in other words, if you signed up to xbox live with your stock hd use the stock hd to play live...if you signed up to xbox live with the stock hd, and upgrade to a bigger hd and sign onto live, i will almost bet 100% that you will be banned within the next week.

3. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

hey Thanks for the info, but I thinkI really Stepped in it this time! I assidentally flashed the xboxs TSOP with a bios file and now the whole thing is blank! I have another that I know is a file for a stock V1.6 xbox but I don't know how to go about flashing the xbox TSOP. I won't even frag. Is it hopeless? Is there anything I can do to get it back? Or must I go out get another box at this point?

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

1.6 xbox's do NOT have a tsop chip...making it impossible that you flashed the tsop...you got msn messenger or aim?

send me a private message with your screen name, and we can prolly fix you up.