1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice and FTP??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Sir_BMW, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Sir_BMW

Sir_BMW Guest

I have a Xenium Ice w/V2.0 OS. I installed the EVOX M8+. I can FTP into my XBOX. The only drives I see is "C, E, X, Y, Z". I think those are the HD Drives. I had a game (DOOM 3) in the DVD drive. How's come I don't see the DVD drive and the size of the game in the FTP program? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Am I missing a step? I connected to my XBOX thru a router.

2. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

Install a Dash such as Evox and then FTP to the Xbox through the Dash instead of the Xenium OS and you should then see the D:/ with the Game files

3. Sir_BMW

Sir_BMW Guest

I thought the EVOX M8+ is the dashboard. When I boot up with EVOX 8+, I can play already backup games on DVD-R fine. I can FTP thru the Xenium OS fine. But when I launch EVOX, dat's when I can't FTP to it anymore. What is the full name for the EVOX dashboard?

4. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

No, the Evox M8+ is just the Bios to load the Dash board. The Bios is basically what brings all the components of the Xbox together to work with each other. The Dash board is called EvolutionX 3935 or Evox 3935. You install the Dash files to your HDD C:/.

5. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

It seems u installed Evox bios and Evox dash already since you can boot on Evox.Check your [bold]evox.ini[/bold] file and look for this line:

[Network]

SetupNetwork = Yes
    StaticIP = Yes
    [bold]Ip = 192.168.100.10[/bold]
    Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
    Defaultgateway = 192.168.100.1
    DNS1 = 0.0.0.0
    DNS2 = 0.0.0.0
    SetupDelay = 0
    SkipIfNoLink = No

should match whatever IP address you're using on the Xenium menu.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005