1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice Flashing trouble

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jemoore, Oct 29, 2004.

1. jemoore

jemoore Member

I have a v1.0 xbox with a X2 lite + solderless mod chip, I have been installing the solderless adapter that came with the Xenium ice chip to the motherboard, and placing the chip on it. I have been getting the red light to come on. (I got my xbox to ready to flash from the HDD with the old chip) I hit Y and can get the Xenium to erase put no flash. Please help.

2. Below0

Below0 Member

i have a v1.0 motherboard to but my lpc holes are filled with solder all ready what do i do is there any way around this because a bought a solderless adapter because i didnt want to solder

3. jemoore

jemoore Member

What mod chip do you have?

4. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

Hey Below0,

If you're talking about the Xenium Ice Solderless adapter, I know exactly what you're talk about. I have some bad news for you though. If you use the solderless adapter, you'll have to keep opening the box and adjusting it! I did it so much that I've messed up the track that feeds power to the XB mobo. I learned the error of my ways too late! now eventually I'll need a new Xb motherboard. Take it from me: Soldering isn't fun but it really the only way to keep your sanity. You'll need a de-soldering braid from Radio shack to remove the solder that's already in the holes.

I know it sucks but trust me; the solderless solution is TOO much of a headache!

5. Below0

Below0 Member

hey thanks djkc2000
    i am use the Xenium Ice Solderless adapter. since you recommend soldering a found a company that will solder my chip in for me for $60 do you have any suggestion

6. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

I've used the solderless adapter for several months now and have not had a single problem yet. If you want you can just warm the solder that is already there and just slightly indent it. The adapter won't move for sure then. I never had to do that though.

7. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

If you've used Xeniums solderless adapter without any issues; you're lucky!~!

8. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  9. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

If I replace my motherboard, will that change my serial number? Anyone know?

10. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

Yes it will... the serial number is stored on the EEPROM chip on the motherboard.

11. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

Awesome thanks!!

12. jemoore

jemoore Member

Ok I don't seem to be getting any where with my question. If anyone wants the chip, it is brand new and has never been flashed, comes with the adaptor but it sounds like it would be better to solder it in though. Just let me know we can work out something. ***PM for email address***

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004