1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice Mod chip on/off switch? Can i use if i have xbox live??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by BenD188, Aug 18, 2004.

1. BenD188

BenD188 Member

I am thinking about buying the Xenium Ice Modchip and i dont know if it has a on/off switch so that i can still play Xbox Live. Is there someway for me to turn it off so i can play xbox live?

2. c0ld

c0ld Guest

it doesn't need a switch because of the OS. you can just launch the onboard bios from the OS on the chip. its a better chip than the xecuters. in english yes you can play xbox live. its very simple.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

http://www.moddedxboxs.com[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2004
  3. newbie888

newbie888 Member

hi,
    I am guessin by ur text message aove u ahve successful got the xenuim up and going, but when i tried to get some thign from from hdd it said not yet implemented. I am guessing that means it hasn't been released since it is a beta version still? If it isn't can u tell me where to upgrade it.thank in advance.pm me for the site

4. BenD188

BenD188 Member

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

I agree the xenium is more advanced than the xecuter 2.3/2.6 but if youre only playing backups, apps, emulators, connecting to a pc, you dont need the OS, save yourself the cash, get an xecuter 2.3/2.6.
    If you LIKE the advanced features the xenium offers, then get a xenium.
    For the everyday xbox user however, any chip will do the job.
    Its not worth the extra $20+ just for the fact you dont have to manually flick the switch over.
    But, having said that, is a damn fine chip.

6. c0ld

c0ld Guest

the xenium can also be much easier to install because of the ftp server on the OS. and u get to choose from all the different colors. you can add as many LED's as u want to pay for

7. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

I bought a Xenium Ice from Moddedxbox.com and it is the sh*t!!

8. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

moddedxboxs.com

9. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

hey c0ld,

i have the xenium ice and i want to be able to turn it off and on to plai x live. so you said its simple, can you tell me how

10. amuncey

amuncey Member

hey,
    ok guys
    i bought an xenoium ice modchip, to switch it off you want to load the retail kernal (i.e the official microsoft dashboard), to do this goto the launch menu, click add new item, choose from TSOP, and name it what u like i.e original dashboard/ retail kernal, and then when you launch this the xbox mod chip is off. I suggest you goto www.teamxodus.com, its excellent there in their guides!
    good luck
    muncey!

P.s.,

I ahve a dvd writer (only soingle layered) , how can i abck up games that are too large for single layered discs, i.e dual layered discs?

11. ShadowFox

ShadowFox Member

Turning off the modchip will help prevent you from getting banned. But what about if you add a new hard drive and a chip? Will you be banned if you add a new hard drive after you have been previously online with your old hard drive? Is there anyway to prevent that? Thanks for any info.

12. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

Just make sure that if you have a chip that you just turn on or off that the hard drive is locked. The xenium turns itself off when you boot to the normal dashboard. They have no way of telling how big your drive is. I got back on and had no problems until I turned on the auto sign in and then started up my xbox w/ my chip on and it signed itself in. Bad idea. ALWAYS turn off the auto sign in and leave it off. I went a month or so before they found out.

13. ShadowFox

ShadowFox Member

14. meggo

meggo Member

so if i boot the original bios (retail kernal) then i will have no problem with xbox live and i will not get banned (i have xenium ice). I have not replaced my hard drive. Also what is the auto sign in?

15. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

If you boot the original bios with no disc you will get your 3 or 4 options. Choose settings, then auto sign-in, and then choose no. This will keep your xbox from signing you in automatically whenever it is possible. Such as when you turn on your xbox with no disc in it.

16. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

If you check TeamXecuter.com, you'll see that it is recommended to have the hard drive you want to use installed before you sign up for Xbox Live because of the new mod checking techniques. You will also see that they are working on a firmware hack to get around this new feature, so if those of you who have installed new hard drives can hold out a bit longer, than hopefully this problem will get solved.

17. Xalies

Xalies Member

Hey Guys. When you say they find out, and i went 1 month before they found out, what did you meen? Who found out? What happened if they find out?

18. ShadowFox

ShadowFox Member

Are you saying that you went 1 month before you got banned from Xbox Live? The people who find out are Microsft, through Xbox Live when you connect. It means that they discovered that you have a modchip or changed your hard drve.

19. Xalies

Xalies Member

how do you prevent them from knowing? do they find out often? what happenes when they find out?

20. ShadowFox

ShadowFox Member