1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice Mod chip on/off switch? Can i use if i have xbox live??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by BenD188, Aug 18, 2004.

1. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

If you are going to install something like Slayer, put it on the F: directory. That is if you have a upgraded hdd. That is supposed to be a stealth install. This also requires a F: booting chip. Most are. Yes, it was 1 month before micro$oft found out and banned my serial number from xb0x live. Since my last post I have fixed the problem and am now back on live.

2. Xalies

Xalies Member

i've got a problem. We installed our xenium ice, and its working. we got the the splash screen for the first time. and the first thing we did was upgrade my hard drive to a 120 gig with the wizard and that went fine. then we put the new drive in and we set up the retail kernal in the launch menu so that we can get to the origonal xbox splash screen and set the time and date. but when i select retail kernal the eject button startes flashing red and a screen pops up like you have no xbox service. whats wrong?

3. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

Are you absoloutely sure that you have all the original files from the original HD on the new HD? It will FRAG when certain files can't be found.

4. Xalies

Xalies Member

ya i'm possotive. we even tried to do it with the old hdd plugged in but the same message comes up. the message is in a bunch of differen't languages. i may just buy a new box for 150 but i'd rather find a way to get mine to work.

5. ShadowFox

ShadowFox Member

what error number is listed?

6. Xalies

Xalies Member

there is no error number.. just the message

7. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

This is odd. Have you installed EvoX or any other alternate dash and tried running it?

8. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

I would say that the hdd is not locked locked, but if the original isn't working then thats not it. It sounds like the retail kernal you loaded is bad. You can download new ones at www.xbox-hq.com. I had the same problem. I ended up reloading my old settings in the xenium menu. It didn't seem to work at first, but after I turned it off and left it for awhile( due to frustration) and came back, it worked. Whatever you do make sure you have the clock set right and don't leave it unplugged for more than 4 hours. The clock will reset and it will cause the chip to malfunction. Then you will have to restart from the beginning.

9. Xalies

Xalies Member

ok i got everything working great thx for all your help. now i have a problem and i don't know if its chip related or not but here we go. I'm trying to play star wars battlefront but when the game is booting up and it show lucas arts and the other brands that worked on it, when it show the dolby digital sound thing the game freezes, and i don't know if it is a faulty game error or its because of the chip. it works fine on my friends xbox and his doen't have a chip. whats wrong?

10. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

What kind of drive do you have?

11. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

Disc Drive

12. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

Is there the possibility that your DVD drive is a Thompson and your friends' is a Philips or Samsung? The problem you are describing sounds like the drive doesn't read it correctly.

13. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

14. Xalies

Xalies Member

my xbox is a v1.0 so i think it has the older tompson drive, and my friend got his drive a like maybe a year ago so he probably has the newer drive. if it is the drive is there some way to get it working?

15. Xalies

Xalies Member

also i did copy the game to my new 120 gb hard drive with the dvd2harddrive program, and that went smoothley with no errors, and the same problem occured so i don't know if it is the dvd drive at all. this is annoying!!

16. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

The Thompson drives are very unreliable and could be reading the game wrong, so the DVD2HardDrive program could very well be messing up because it can't read it well. Do other games work on it? If they do then I really don't know what it could be, but if they don't work, you could either get a new laser (not really worth it for a Thompson), or get a new drive (Philips is recommended because it can be adjusted to play all media).

17. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

Samsung comes new in the box playing every kind of media you could want it to. From the way it sounds, I would say it is the drive. I started out with the Thompson and even xbox-scene told me not to use Memorex media because the Thompson wouldn't read it at all. Turns out that is the only type it would read. The Thompsons are too flaky and way to unreliable. I would spend the $60 for a Phillips or the $70 for a Samsung. Or you could see if your friend would swap you drives. Although it sounds like that drive has deteriorated enough that he won't want it.

18. muumabo

muumabo Member

im buying a modchip pretty soon and is xenium ice really the best one, ive looked at a couple and the only real advantage is the ability to not have to solder, i have looked at alot and am leaning towards the x3 chip as in soldering really isnt a problem for me, does the xenium ice support cromwell linux?

19. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

does the xenium ice support cromwell linux?

All modchips support cromwell. It's the only bios that the chip manufactures expect you to use lol.

20. Garret243

Garret243 Guest

This might be a bit off topic but i need A LOT of help, i am thinking of buying a premodded xbox with the xenium ICE mod chip installed... do any of you guys know a quality site to buy this item from.

I was thinking moddedxboxs.com and I was wondering if anyone had any experience buying a premodded xbox from any site and what anyone can recommend so I dont get ripped off... i just plug it in and I can play burned games on DVD -r discs, it has all the right bios and dashboards and all that... and i can still use Xbox live

Any info is greatly appreciated

thanks for any help