1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice Mod chip on/off switch? Can i use if i have xbox live??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by BenD188, Aug 18, 2004.

1. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

Hrdrk20,
    I chose the Xenium ICE over the X3 because it has the Xenium OS, meaning the chip is recoverable if a bad flash occurs, and it is much easier to get everything set up for playing game backups, it has a builtin FTP server so you can put all the EvoX files in it from your FTP client on your PC and then it can flash the EvoX bios from the hard drive or a CD.

HeadHntr1,
    I suggested the Philips because with a potentiometer adjustment, it can play all media, and the Samsung cannot play DVD+R, which is needed to backup the larger games to a DVD9, which is currently only in +R format.

2. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

I understand where you are coming from, but my samsung plays them all. I guess its kinda like my thompson only plays memorex. The os on the xenium is unbeatable in my opinion. It is almost dummy proof. I wouldn't test that though. Everyone finds something that works for them. And it is usually a little different from everyone else.

3. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

As for garret, www.xbox-scene.com has a lot of info on finding reliable places. You can also check out www.ozxodus.com. They are the ones that make the Xenium chip. Good Luck!! Let me know if you need more help.

4. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

5. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

Thanks for that correction. I forgot that they had dissolved their partnership.

6. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

XALIES

FTP into your Xbox and delete the files in the E:\CACHE folder. Your games should run then. Since you have the Xenium Ice also the new update to their OS 2.2.1 offers the option to delete the E:\CACHE folder files right from the Xenium OS also.

7. derickih

derickih Member

Can I run Linux in a Xcuter 2.6 modded xbox?

8. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

When you post in a thread, try to read it first, especially if its only 2 pages.

9. Xalies

Xalies Member

I havn't tried what you said yet but i just found this out. I tried all my games and the ones that don't work are the xbox live compatible games, so i unplugged the link cable going from my xbox to our wireless router and the games that didn't work do work fine. is this because of the cache thing you were talking about or something else?

10. Xalies

Xalies Member

oh.. and where do i download 2.2.1?

11. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

www.xbox-hg.com or www.teamxodus.com

12. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

The CACHE is where the system keeps all the files it uses for the games and such. When you delete them it forces the system to reload the files. Also by deleting the files you remove old or corrupted files and when the system restores the files they are fresh and updated. You can download Xenium OS 2.2.1 at their website in downloads WWW.TEAMXODUS.COM or you can also get it at XBINS.

13. Xalies

Xalies Member

am i supposed to the the os v2.2.1 iso or the os v2.2.1 hdd?

14. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

15. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

the iso is for burning to and installing from CD, the HD is for FTP transfer to the Xbox.

16. Xalies

Xalies Member

ok i got the games to work... but now my xbox live account has dissapeared and it is not letting me sign on to xbox live. i hadn't tried using xbox live after we had installed the chip until now and it wont sign on. my account won't even show up. its like everying about xbox live on my xbox was deleted. when we try to connect to live from the ms dashboard it says communications error. cannot connect to xbox live. this chip is more trouble than i though it would be.

17. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

It sounds like you've been banned from XBL. Have you changed your HDD since you signed up for Live or did you try signing in with a hacked bios or play a live game in another dash? There's a hand full of checks XBL does to keep modded Xboxes from being used on live so people don't cheat. Even playing a live enabled game without signing in allows M$ to scan the Xbox for modding or changes.

18. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

When I was banned it gave me a "Modded Xbox Error" whenever I ran the connection troubleshooter. You can't get banned until you sign in with your chip on. Even then it takes about 24 hrs to recieve the "update." It runs the update process and then your serial number is permanently locked out. After that you recieve the "Modded Xbox Error." Then you have to replace the serial number which is saved on your epprom, or just get a new motherboard. Not fun. I had to do it, but I'm back on XBL now.

19. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

I researched this thoroughly and also recieved some "help advice" from an employee recently layed-off from the help center in the XBL call center. I didn't want to get banned again.

20. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

Really? That's great that the employee helped after getting a raw deal. Could you share some of his wisdom with us?