1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice Mod chip on/off switch? Can i use if i have xbox live??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by BenD188, Aug 18, 2004.

1. xboxMan86

xboxMan86 Guest

ok, let me start off by saying hello, and thank you for your future answers

i am planning to mod my xbox with the xenium ice, and i want to know that if i save a game on to my hard drive if i can go onto xbox live without changing anything, and if i have to change anything, how and where can i do it?

2. xboxMan86

xboxMan86 Guest

does the xenium ice require evolution x? because from what i heard it does and it doesnt

3. xboxMan86

xboxMan86 Guest

oh yes, i forgot to mention if you want discount hard drives be sure to visit www.newegg.com they have a 200gb drive for only $106!!!

4. ShadowFox

ShadowFox Member

Yes and no. If you already have the "Retail Kernel" in your Xenium launch menu then you shouldn't have to do anything. (If you dont, just click add new item, choose TSOP, and it should already have Retail Kernel typed in.) Make sure you don't have your games, apps, other non-original files in the C or E drive. (Xbox Live might be scanning hard drives now.) Then, all you have to do is launch the retial kernel, insert the game and you should be good for Live.

Here's how my story went with xbox live:
    I originaly had my orignal hard drive hooked up, along with my WD 160GB. I hooked up my original hd and loaded the "Retail Kernel" to play on Live. Then a week later, by accident I pressed EvoX 3.6 bios, but it still loaded to the MS dash, b/c I don't have evox's dash on my original hard drive. I thought I was running the retail bios and signed into live, and I got banned. Then, I bought an eeprom from Zodiiak and went online with that and my 160GB hard drive(had apps and stuff in E and C drive). After a day I was banned again. They must have scanned my hard drive b/c I was banned once before. So now I just bought an xbox from ebay for $100 with my xmas money to play on Live.

Evolution X is a dashboard and a bios. You can choose what bios you want to use, unless you have a 1.6 xbox (right now I'm running Evox M8 bios.) You can use whatever dashboard that you want to: Evolution X, Avalaunch, Unleash X, Original Microsoft Dashboard (you wont be able to do much with that one).

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it answers your questions.

5. xboxMan86

xboxMan86 Guest

in other words...can i run an xbox lve game from my hard drive (no cd) and be able to play it on xbox live without getting banned? how do i play xbox live games with the XENIUM ICE chip installed without getting banned?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2005
  6. xboxMan86

xboxMan86 Guest

in other words...can i run an xbox live game off of my hard drive (no cd) on xbox live without getting banned? and which programs do i have to run to do so?

7. ShadowFox

ShadowFox Member

No you can't play copied games on XBL, you need to run the original bios to play on live. When running original bios you need the disc to play. If you run non-original bios and sign into live, you WILL be banned.

Everything you need to know about xbox modding:
    www.xbox-scene.com
    search the forums and tutorials

8. xboxMan86

xboxMan86 Guest

can i burn the games onto a cd-r or cd-rw and then play on live

9. ShadowFox

ShadowFox Member

NO. Only original games can be played on Xbox Live.

10. madchops

madchops Member

so i have a xenium ice and i only played xbox live off the retail kernal, however i had non original files on my c and e. i was booted, how do i fix this.

thank you to anyone who can help

11. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Non original files?? you launched the retail kernal and obviously your HD is locked and you using the original games disk and you got banned??

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  12. Jath

Jath Guest

Hi guys. I am just posting to make sure that I will be [bold]safe[/bold] playing Xbox Live. I have a Xenium Ice Mod Chip for the Xbox, and from what I have read so far, all I have to do is load the Kernal and it should be fine?

I am just making sure because when I fire up the Kernal I set it to have a blue light, and it still has the blue light on the side. Thanks alot everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2005
  13. madchops

madchops Member

yes i was banned even though i only used the retail kernal and the real disc. I have heard xbox can scan hard drives now is this possible