1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice OS...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by gillberg1, Jan 10, 2005.

1. gillberg1

gillberg1 Member

Do I need to install the Slayer 2.6 install even tho the Xenium Ice chip comes with an OS? If i do install Slayer, does it do anyting to the chip to make not turn its self off? I want to be able to play Live with my backed up games.

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

You can't use burned games or a larger harddrive when on Live because Microsoft will detect thoes and you will be instantly banned. You need to buy an xbox xtender which will let you fit two harddrives inside your xbox. The original drive needs to be locked and the chip off before going online.

3. gillberg1

gillberg1 Member

The Xenium Ice turns itself off when logging into Live. Also it makes the original HD look like it is originally Locked. I just need to know if it still will when you install the Slayer Installer.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Untill someone suggests otherwise, if you've got your box working with live, I wouldn't mess with slayers.

5. gillberg1

gillberg1 Member

I went to install Slayer 2.6 ( i know the disk works, because i used it to install and remove all the info off that last chip) and Xenium boots up everytime. I need to make the disk boot up first. Is there a way to make the Ice chip stay on during the original kernal?

6. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

When you turn your Xbox on the Xenium OS will come up first as long as you have the Chip installed. Once the Xenium OS comes up just put the Slayers disc in and then Launch into a hacked bios that you should have Flashed on the Xenium. You can also set the Xenium up to Quick or Insta boot where it will boot into a bios or the Retail Kernal when you hit the Power or Eject Buttons. Then you wouldn't have to go into the OS.

7. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Who told you that crock of Sh@#$%T??
    You can load the retail kernel and have the LED turn off but the chip isn't off.It's just running the retail kernel through your modchip.It definately doesn't turn itself off when you log on to Live or do anything to the HD.