1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice Problem. Please help!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by stehigs, Jan 18, 2005.

1. stehigs

stehigs Member

I cannot get the LED on the chip to turn blue. i tried loosening the screw and moving it around with no luck. what should i do?? It does light up red. does this indicate my chip has no problems and i just cant make contact? why red? some are making connections and some aren't?? please help

2. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

Did you already program what colors you want the LED to be? Or is this the first time you've turned it on? If it's the first time you've turned it on, then you have to flash the bios to the chip...then you get the option of what color you want the LED to be.

3. stehigs

stehigs Member

i thought it came flashed already. this is my first install. the first time installing it. the LED on the chip lights up, it is red. how do i burn the bios? can i use a cdr or do i need a dvdr?? I tried using a cdr and it said it was not a recognized disk. please help me finish my installation

4. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

you have to use a cdrw or a dvdrw to flash new bios so that you can play backups. Most xbox's wont read cdr. But first you should back up the original.
    Check out this guide for the Xenium Ice it has covers just about everything.
    http://www.teamxodus.com/pictures/Manuals/iceguide.pdf

5. seasick

seasick Member

Xenium Chips are ready to install, you don't need to flash anything. Upon correct installation, the screen on your TV should show the Xenium OS screen. Then you load the Xbox Kernel from the Xbox itself and select an L.E.D. color for that particular BIOS, adjust time and date on the XBOX dashboard. Now load any other BIOS you want: Evox, Avalaunch (preferred), etc...
    I had a lot of problems installing the Xenium with the solderless adaptor and ended up soldering it directly on the Motherboard, it worked perfectly.
    If the Xenium OS screen does not appear, try reloading it by flipping the little switch on the chip to the non silkscreened position, power up your Xbox, wait until the OS loads, turn power off, return the switch to the normal position. Power on.

6. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

If the chip is lighting up red and staying red then the d0 isn't making good contact or else the Solderless adapter isn't making good contact. Try cleaning everything really well with some alcohol and make sure everything is making good contact. Check and make sure the d0 is in good.