1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice Solderless Question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by AlkTrio, Dec 14, 2004.

1. AlkTrio

AlkTrio Member

i've been researching and most websites say that this is the modchip for newbies. i'm a bit confused however on one thing. this website:
    http://modchipsource.com/proddetail.php?prod=XENIUMICE-S&PARTNER=copyxbox
    says that it is for versions 1.0-1.6 and it also says that the solderless adapter (which is the reason i'm getting it) only works on versions 1.0-1.4. is this true? i don't have an xbox yet but when i'm shopping for one how do i know which one is which version. any help is greatly appreciated.
    -Jeff

2. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  3. AlkTrio

AlkTrio Member

Wow, that sucks! I guess i should get one that i have to solder...any chance you might know how i would go about doing that? i've only soldered one thing in my life and it was in shop class, i had to use a large flame throwing tool and whatnot. Is there an easier way? i assume there must be since everyone seems to be doing it. thanks so much for your help. Is there anything else you think i should know? All i know so far is to get the xbox and a modchip. Is that all i need to know in order to play burned games?

4. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  5. AlkTrio

AlkTrio Member

Hey, thanks so much for all your help. i have no idea what flash, bios or tutorials are but i assume i can find out exactly what i need to know from the site you've given me. I may not know exactly what you're talking about but i definately feel i'm now headed in the right direction. Once again thank you, you've been a great help!