1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium ICe Solderless

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by spsscopav, Sep 14, 2004.

1. spsscopav

spsscopav Member

I ahve bought the Xenium ICe Solderless modchip

I am trying ti install it in my xbox, my xbox has got solders on the LPC and on the D0. I havent done nothing to them and tried to install the solderless adapter and the Xenium chip on top. For some reason it isnt working and i cant get the Xenium board to sit on the Adaptor. And i cant get the D0 wire to stay on the d0. Is there a betetr way of doing it because it just doesnt seem to work and i dont need to punch the pin on the LPC do i? or will it just work on the soldered pin holes?. Can someone help me

2. Below0

Below0 Member

i have the same problem i mean a bought the solderless chip so i would not have to solder now it looks like i still may have to. please help

3. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

remove all of the solder from the holes (including the d0 if there is any) you will need a soldering iron and solder wick for this though. then you screw the adapter on. put the d0 wire over the d0 and push it in. you should here a slight click.
    if you mess up ANYTHING then its not my fault

4. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

if there is trouble with the chip staying on, then i have no idea what to do sorry

5. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

I hate to tell you guys this but you're not gonna be able to use the solderless adapter: Not well anyway.

I bought the same thing (Xenium ICE + Solderless adapter & Pinheader). I'm really not good at soldering so I bought that and thought there'd be not problem. Problem is I have a version 1.0 Xbox. And as I'm sure you know that means that there's solder covering the points where you need to place the adapter. Lets just say that by the time I said to hell with it and soldered it on (Pin header style worked best for me) I had messed up the pins that you connect the power supply to on the Motherboard. Now whenever I want to play, I have to play with the pins and connecter abit before it'll boot to the dashboard. Sometime it even looses power in the middle of a game. (if I don't plug it in right)

Please do your selves a favor. 1) Go to Radio Shack and get a de-soldering braid. 2) Use it to remove all the solder from the holes. 3) Solder the pin header to the board (trust me, it's the easiest way). 4) About the D0. I Soldered a wire from the chip (where it says d0; there should be about 3 places I think) and cut off the D0 pin on the solderless adapter. I soldered the pin to the wire that's soldered onto the chip and then just plug it into the d0 on the board! For a rank amature like myself I have to ay that I'm quite proud of that. When you solder the wire onto the chip, you should make the wire long enough to reach the d0 with out any strain.

I know it sound like alot of work but personally I was getting sick and tired of having to open the xbox up ever twenty minute to re-adjust the solderless adapter. The chip is great but they really dropped the ball with the whole solderless thing.....

6. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

another way to desolder is to have a pump which works alot better than braid. my friend is rich and he has some sort of big machine it like an air pumper and sucker or something. it makes a fricken loud noise when you turn it on. you have a gun type thing and you put it over solder. it melts the solder and when you pull the trigger it sucks all of it out. if any of you think it sound familiar maybe it would be this
    just thought id say

7. zeen

zeen Member

this may sound dumb but can i save games on my xbox with the xenium ice stock? do i have to download a bios or buy one? does it come stock with a bios?

8. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

If you want to run unsigned MS code, or any homebrew applications on your xbox you will have to FLASH the bios.

There are no chips sold with a bios, if a dealer is selling these I would be skeptical of giving them your money....

9. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

actually many come this way. they are flashed with a LEGAL bios though. i got my X3 with the FlashBIOS bios. some also come with a CROMWELL.

10. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

I was refering to a bios such as Xecuter or Evox M7 or m8....

Cromwell is standard on Xecuter chips, Xenium Chips have the Xenium OS, SmartXX have SmartXX OS, Aladdins come with Cromwell & the XBIT v1,0 and v1.5 come BLANK.

11. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

WHen I bought my Xenium Ice, it came with the LEGAL cromwell bios. I had to do some extensive HTTP,Nttp searches for bioses. It's not Too difficult to find some though.

I would definately recomend the Xenium thoug; Anyone can use it! Even on xbox live! (of course you'll have to shut the chip off if you don't want to get banned)

12. zeen

zeen Member

can i download games into my xbox so that i dont need the disc if i just buy the chip and install it or must i download a bios? thanx
    ?

13. wookie356

wookie356 Guest

zeen, go to here to learn about xbox mod. There is more work to be done after installing your mod chip.
    http://xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php
    I recommend you go to here www.easynews.com and do the free trial. go to xbox groups and download "Slayers 2.6 setup disc". You can find bios in the xbox group also.

14. mrjkwik

mrjkwik Member

just go to www.xbox-scene.com as previously suggested. to find your bios' and any other software you may need check out this tutorial http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php . anything and everything you want to learn about that involves your xbox can be found on this site, either in the tutorials or in the forums. and just an fyi, the above link to that tutorial is referred to as "the usual places" when in the forums.

goodluck

15. szesty

szesty Member

spsscopav, I had your same problem. The solder made it so there wasn't any contact between the last two LPC points. So, what I did was take a thin metal strip, drilled a hole in it for the screw, then cut a rectancle where the chip would go, so in essence, it was just like a reinforcement that pushed down both sides of the chip. I don't know if you are handy at all, but that's a pretty easy way to solve your/our problem

16. ishouldbe

ishouldbe Member

does this problem only happen on XBOX V1.0?

17. szesty

szesty Member

not quite sure....but basically, it's only a problem if the LPC points are already soldered. If that's the case, then the chip doesn't fit correctly.

18. HeadHntr1

HeadHntr1 Member

Everything on mine was soldered, but I have not had a problem yet. I have moved my xbox extensively too. If you want you can warm the solder and indent each one so that the adapter seats down into the correct position. I didn't have to do that though.

19. MidniteJ

MidniteJ Member

Hey all, I had the same problem you guys are discussing. I used a desoldering braid and soldering pencil (15W) to remove the solder (very simple). Then I installed the chip and it works flawlessly. For those of you who are worried about soldering (or desoldering) check the tutorials on xbox scene. This process is very simple and any noob can do it.