1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice trouble, please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by volrathsn, Nov 29, 2004.

1. volrathsn

volrathsn Member

I bought the xenium ice no solder pack, and installed it today, but whenever i put the chip on i get a red and green flashing light. If i take it off, the xbox boots fine. Has anyone else ever had this problem? i dont know what to do. I have reinstalled the pins multiple times, and double checked the d0 spot on multiple web sites, so im pretty sure thats not where the problem is, but dont really know why the chip would cause this problem...

2. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

What version is your Xbox?

3. volrathsn

volrathsn Member

its a 1.2 xbox

4. mel1djm

mel1djm Member

I am having the same problem! I just installed the ice with xbox version 1.5. I get the flashing red and green light on the eject button. The chip does light up red showing it is connected. I am using the soderless adapter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Dave

5. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

Is the light on the chip itself coming on? 'cause if it's not, then you might have just got a bad chip maybe.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  6. mel1djm

mel1djm Member

Yes, there is a red light that stays on (on the chip itself)...

Dave

7. volrathsn

volrathsn Member

yeah the red light goes on, on mine too.

8. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

I don't know what to tell you guys, I just got my new adapter (cause the other one was broke) and put everything together and it worked like a charm. maybe i just got lucky. Are you guys sure you're pushing the D0 wire in far enough?

9. volrathsn

volrathsn Member

i would assume so because the mod chip is recieving power, that and when i take the mod chip off the xbox boots fine. I think if the d0 spot is installed incorrectly, you get the red and green lights no matter what. I could be wrong tho...

10. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

hmm... I don't want to insult you but, are you sure you put all those little rivets in the right holes, to match up with the adapter? When I did mine I was using both my hands to move it and looking thru the side of the xbox. When I was sure they were even I pushed it and held it all the way down with both hands while my gf screwed the screw in. Those little pins can be tricky though, I wiggled the adapter a little to get them all to go into the rivets.

11. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

If your Xbox boots fine without the Chip them it is definitely the d0 or the pin header. Try and clean the LPC with some Alcohol on a Q-Tip and make sure the dO is in good. Some people use a piece of paper wedged between the DVD Drive and chip to push the Chip down alittle more for better contact. Otherwise you could solder in a pin header and wire in the dO for a much better install.