1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenium SP. ICE problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by aykfc, Mar 30, 2005.

1. aykfc

aykfc Member

Well I got my Sp ICE and went to install it. I went to line the wires up and one snapped off. I sodered it back on today, and i got all 5 lights to glow red, and I put the mod chip on top and half the time it will light up (the mod chip) and the other half it wont. If it wont light up it boots to the regular xbox screen but no hdd or dvd drive is hooked up so it just stays there. If the chip light is on, the system turns on and off three times, and it is just a black screen. the fourth light also stays on which i read it should not stay on, it should go off when the mod chip is on. I have a v 1.6 xbox and this is the first time i have tried to mod. Is it possible it is my xenium chip, and what could I do about it.

2. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  3. castiljd

castiljd Member

One of your wires is probably not making good connection.

4. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

im having the same problem it is the xenium ice chip. just get it replaced.

5. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

it is probably you DO connection, that connection has to be just right.....i was having the same problem and my do connection was wrong.

6. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

it is probably you DO connection, that connection has to be just right.....i was having the same problem and my do connection was wrong.

7. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

sorry bout the double post

8. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

no i have been trying for an hour the wires are as far in as they are going to go i can kick my xbox and the lights are still lit. wen i have the chip on it still frags.

9. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

its a possibility you have a bad chip or messed up your mother board when you where soldering (like driped some solder on a tracer or somthin like that), because if you mess up your motherboard it will frag even if the chip is working and correctly installed

10. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

it has to be the chip because i didnt solder anything the spice is 100% solderless.

11. aykfc

aykfc Member

I have the same problem. WIthout the chip my xbox boots up fine, but with it in my xbox frags. I talked to the company, and they said would let me send it in, and test it. If it works i gotta pay 15 dollars, and they will send it back, if it doesnt then i will get another SPice. Just dont wanna spend 15 if it works, but ive tried everything, and even the support guy at this company doenst know.

12. aykfc

aykfc Member

Reading around ive heard the wire is supposed to click but i have heard clicking before, but only once or twice sometimes. Could this be why it is fragging, and any ideas on how to insert the wires. I already snapped one off and soderered it back on, id rather not do that again. ALso, the holes on my motherboard have green stuff on them, but the lights are lighting up

13. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Another thing is use a magnifying glass,clean all the wires/the board with rubbing alcohol.It's not making good contacts that's why it's fragging.How to test if the chip is working:If all the wires are inserted,do not put the chip yet.Turn on your xbox.Al the 5 lights should lit up.It means it's making good contacts.Now,power off/unplug your Xbox.
    Insert the chip and turn your Xbox on.The second light on the left(the chip should be facing you where you can read it)should be off and the chip light should be on.

14. aykfc

aykfc Member

All 5 lights light up, so wouldnt that mean it is making good contact?

15. 4bms3

4bms3 Member

I modded my XBOX today with a Spice as well... very similar problem. All 5 LEDs light up in red, and when I put the Xenium chip in, the proper led goes off; however, the Xenium glows red, not purple like the manual. And, I don't get anything on the TV screen. Is it missing a BIOS? Is the chip toast? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

16. castiljd

castiljd Member

Try turning your XBox on with the open button instead of the power button. Let me know if this helps.

17. 4bms3

4bms3 Member

I tried turning it on with the Eject button... no luck. Could it be there is no BIOS on the Spice chip?

18. aykfc

aykfc Member

well itd be hard to get bios if your chip wont start up

19. castiljd

castiljd Member

If all lights are on then you probably have a connection. The only thing is if they are in the right place. When the light goes off does it stay off? If it stays off then it should be ready to go. Hook up your dvd and hard drive. You will see the Xenium OS.

20. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

the os should boot without anything plugged in duh thats the point of a modchip so you can boot without a hdd or if something goes wrong. i have tried everything trust me it is the chip.