1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium SPICE vs Xenium ICE which 1 better?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by JUVY, Apr 2, 2005.

1. JUVY

JUVY Member

hi iam new to this xbox chips and i waz wondering which 1 of these 2 solderss chips r better to play back up games on my xbox and whats the diff between the 2? looking to get 1 of them need sum infor from the pro's? iam gonna burn the games on a dvd then play them and i also wanna know if there a good place to get the covers to protect the games to keep them like new?

2. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Im not sure what the difference between the 2 but I have an Xbox version 1.6 which is new and I installed the Xenium Spice sorderless and it's been great.(installing it took a lil longer since the 5 wires that u will insert in the tiny holes r so thin, Magnifying glass will come in handy).But once you installed everything, it's a piece of cake from there on.You can burn the games but you have to connect your Xbox to your computer since your computer's DVD rom can not read Xbox discs or you can install the games on to your hard drive if you replace your original hard drive with a bigger capacity.

3. JUVY

JUVY Member

but will i be able to burn the games to a dvd then play them or i have to put the game in the hd of the xbox in order for it to work?iam a lil lost on that?cuz i wanna burn the games instead of putting them on the hd?i guess my xbox is new cuz i got it on dec of 04..plz let me know if iam able to burn the games on a dvd then play them?

4. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Yes, you can burn games on DVD.

5. JUVY

JUVY Member

thank you for the infor and 1 more question do u know were i can buy those plastic covers to put on the games to protext them and keep them brandnew at a good price?and how do i find out what version of xbox i got i had the link but lost it?

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2005
  7. castiljd

castiljd Member

datalife what all did you do to install the Spice? Did you install dashboard or bios etc?

8. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Installed sorderless Xenium SP Ice.Backed up my original eprom.Installed EvoxM8_16LBA bios for hard drives larger than 130 gigs.Installed Evox dash.Backed up my original drive to my new 160 gig hard drives which I did using Xenium OS menu which has verything you need to do to flash bios,upgrade/replace hard drives etc...Made sure that Xbox is networked to my PC, and it's sweet from there on.Can burn DVDs or installed straight to the new hard drive which can hold maybe 30 or more games.

9. JUVY

JUVY Member

iam buy it tomm then iam install it i got a ver v1.6 so ill let u guys know if i have any problems thanks for all the infor from every 1...... : )

10. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

is there any real diffrence between the xennium ice and the spice?? just wondering

11. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

The only difference is;;;
    Xenium Ice needs a lil soldering and their sorderless adaptor will not work on v1.6

SP Ice is totally solderless...and it works on all versions.

12. k9coates

k9coates Member

hey I am in the same boat. I am looking at buying xenium spice.
    I am curious about the usb adaptor. Does this allow me to connect a thumb drive and load files, etc. If you know anything about this please let me know.
    Also you mentioned backing up your eprom. What is this? What is the signifigance of this?
    Do I need to dl avalaunch or evox or is Xenium's os do the trick?
    Turning the mod on/off: I know some mods have a switch, but spice doesn't. If I just want to boot up my xbox regular (from the cd-rom with regular xbox load screen) or get on xbox live, how would I go about doing so?

If anyone could answer any of these questions I would appreciate it.

Thanks