1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xeno GC Problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by samus250, May 31, 2007.

1. samus250

samus250 Member

Ok, so we installed a Xeno GC modchip today to the Gamecube and all we are getting is the Red LED light. Original games are working ok, but backups won't work. Do we have to do something else so backups would work? Something like patching?

We also noticed that when a game is booting up, the Red LED light flashes twice, and original games boot successfully.

Thank You very much.

2. samus250

samus250 Member

Ok... I tried soldering it again and in my 3rd try I got it right. Now, the red light turns on and after a couple of seconds it turns to green. I also noticed that when I boot an original game, the Gamecube doesn't beep like it used to.

But I have a problem... I can't seem to run backups. The disc just runs, and it doesn't work. Also, when I boot up an original pressing the START button, it says Xeno GC v.1.0 - All your base are belong to us. But the problem is that when it says this, it runs on PAL, and It is very difficult to read, it is only black and white and it is scrolling all the time. What can I do so that it is shown in NTSC? What am I doing wrong that I can't play backups? Is it because the disc must be a mini dvd? Man... and I can't believe that Modchipcentral.com gave me a V1.0...

Thanks.

P.S. Can somebody give me the controls for the Xeno GC, all I know is that holding the X button forces the game to PAL. Thanks again!

3. HG27

HG27 Guest

I had the same exact problem.
    This should clear everything up.
    Go to this site
    http://modthatcube.pxn-os.com/main.htm
    On the left side in the menu click on 'guides and tutorials' then click on 'adjusting the pot'

My final setting for the POT was 204 ohms. You never want it below 80 ohms. The recommended settings are 170-210 ohms.

Two more controls for xenogc chip

4. MadBoomah

MadBoomah Regular member

It's usually what happens after you install the chip. You need to adjust the laser POTS in order to have it read the backups better. :)