1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xeno Top Gear vs. Xecuter Blaster 360 NE

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by raysuave, Dec 31, 2007.

1. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

I am going to buy one of these devices because I hate frequently opening my console, but not sure which one is reccommended regarding functionality and less likely to cause system hardware failures. I have read about how the Blaster 360 was suspected to cause damage to consoles but the blaster 360 was re-designed somewhat in Nov-2007. I can't find any up-to-date reviews on how this new design stacks up against the Xeno Top Gear.

Ideally I want to get the Xeno Top Gear but willing to pay the extra money for the Blaster 360 if chances of damage to my console are reduced. Any links or comments?

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

i cant help you on your question but i would like to ask you one if you dont mind.
    how often do you take off your case?
    i have had modded 360's for over a year now and ihav had to update the firmware three times, the only way i could see one taking off the case more than that is if there useing the 360 drive to make backups, and if that the case your spending 45 to 70 bucks on something so you dont have to take the case off, and you can do the same thing with a samsung kreon flashed drive and do the same thing.
    dont get me wrong its your money but to me its like buying a new car just because you like the tires on the new one better than your old one.

3. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

I have only taken my case off twice, once when I initially flashed the drive, and the other to update the firmware and it took me a considerable amount of time getting those tabs loose on the back of the console. I ended up breaking a couple plastic pieces from various parts of the case and also did a nice amount of scarring. I have watched videos of case removal and also made the little key thing out of cd spindle covers and it never works well. I haven't updated my firmware since March. Now that I have the RROD, my warranty sticker is intact but I'm scared to send it in because my case is not in good condition due to getting it open. I am going to try the x-clamp repair to fix the 360 and while I have it open, I want to install the blaster or top gear device.

I understand what your saying about the waste of money but I really don't want to sweat bullets anymore trying to get the case apart. I guess I have no motor skills like u guys do or something because to me getting that case of is a real pain.

4. A_Tips

A_Tips Member

I have the Xeno Topgear, it didn't seem to damage my Xbox at all.

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I totally understand what you're saying and if you're set on one or the other, that's cool.

Team Xecuter is well known and has always made quality products in the past, so if I were deciding, I'd spend the few extra bucks on the Blaster. Just make sure you do get the revised Blaster if that's what you order.

Another option, and it's MUCH cheaper, would be to just get the case opening tool. It really does work good.

6. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

That tool is included with some hardware I ordered to fix the x-clamp, so yeah, I will try that out before I decide to spend money on a blaster or top gear.......hope the tool works way better than the cd spindle cover tool.

7. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

it works verry well, the key thing thing is to take your time.

8. Therepy

Therepy Member

Fudpucker don't you have to have top gear/ blaster/ similar to play warez if you want to use xbox live... so it can be turned off without opening your case?

9. Therepy

Therepy Member

also can you play multiplayer on live with a burned iso?

10. animalboy

animalboy Member

i cant play copied or regular games after installation of xblaster ne what did i do wrong???

11. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

you installed a blaster was one mistake.

@therepy, you dont need that crap for anything, and yes you can play online without that crap.

12. animalboy

animalboy Member

dose any body know if the xbox 360 arcade has a benq drive or which drive dose it have?

13. tayshun12

tayshun12 Regular member

the topgear doesnt have a modeB switch for hitachi