1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenosaga: Episode 1

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by crumb, Mar 18, 2005.

1. crumb

crumb Member

Sorry, I searched this board and couldn't find the SPECIFIC answer to my problem:

I am backing up Xenosaga, and I bought a Ritek DVD +R DL disc, but after DVD Decrypter rips it, it doesn't want to burn it... something about "No Seek Complete"?

With any other game, it's a simple Read and then Write, but with this whole DL disc, it's causing me problems. It read perfectly, but how do I burn it onto a DVD9?

2. hursty

hursty Active member

i doubt the DL LAYER disc will read anyway

this game needs to be ripped to dvd-5

3. crumb

crumb Member

Apparently, my new v12 slimline PS2 (with Matrix Infinity 1.38 mod) will read DL discs.... so is there anything I can do?

4. crumb

crumb Member

Anyone? Is there any method to get it onto a DL disc??

5. keras

keras Regular member

You can fit xenosaga onto a sl disk with a patch.

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Hey, this so called patch for xenosaga i dont think works well i had no luck nor did a mate, if any1 has got this on a dvd-r i would like to meet them

7. hursty

hursty Active member

i have this game on dvd-5,and it works

see swapmagicfix.com

8. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I looked at that donkeys ago but thats was of no help, The thing i dont get is that the fix is for Swap magic 2 i have Swap Magic 3.3 and it still wont work, i have been told that i would have to downsample the movies in it or sumthing..but am losted. I also do not get what all this is for

2134976 , I:\IOP\ATAD.IRX
    2134982 , I:\IOP\DEV9.IRX
    2134988 , I:\IOP\HDD.IRX
    2135003 , I:\IOP\IOPRP24D.IMG
    so on...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  9. ferdzjp

ferdzjp Guest

Sorry guys, i am new here. I have gone thru a lot of forums but can't seem to find a complete guide to backup xenosaga, or a dvd9 game to a dvd5. Could anyone tell me where I can find such a guide? Appreciate your help!

10. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I put mine on 3 disks and it works fine, you can find the kit on swapmagicfix.com.

11. ferdzjp

ferdzjp Guest

yeah, I saw that kit and Dld it. problem is I don't have cdvd gen..could anyone "lend" me a copy of it pls?

12. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Yeah sorry i forgot thats not the site you get the kit off try alucard.cc, your looking to download a file called xenosaga_3_disc_ripkit read the "readme file"

13. ferdzjp

ferdzjp Guest

nope, can't find it there either.. would anyone be able to send me a copy of cdvd gen pls?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2005
  14. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Dude edit out your email not aloud on AD, I did not use cdvd gen i think your only need that if your rebuliding the iso you self, i used the 3 disc kit and the thing works fine and as far as i know it never uused cdvd gen.

http://alucard.cc/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=30

That is the link to the page on alucard that has the 3 disc rip kit as for the cdvd gen i cant help you coz i never used it for xeno.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  15. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

It's not fair to the alucard guys that you direct link, man :( Those guys do a lot of work to simply directly link to their stuff.

For future reference : Whatever tools you need you can get at alucard.cc or backuptools.co.uk

16. ferdzjp

ferdzjp Guest

Thanks Man, downloading it now...I'll give it a spin :)

17. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I did say goto alucard but as ferdzjp could not find it i gave the guy a link to the exact page to save alot of time and posts. Plus he still have to sign up to access the downloads part of alucard i do see were your coming from thou and in future i will try not to post direct links unless it is needed.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  18. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Oh well, I didn't mean to sound like a bitch, that's not my style. Yeah, you do have to sign up, and sign in for alucard.cc, but hey, it's better than PS2NFO.com. Alucard lets you sign up with a free email account, whereas PS2NFO doesn't.

And yeah, sometimes searching the site for ripkits/fixes is a bit bothersome.

19. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Well, I'll tell you my experience with one of the ripkits from there. I tried to rip the NTSC version to three DVD5s. The ripkit SEEMED to work, and all three booted up the screens, but when I would try to start a new game on disc 1, it'd take me to the FMV near the end of the game (Where Junior and Albedo square off), when I would try to skip, the game would freak out.

I gave up, and decided to just start the game over on my original copy, and decided that if I scratched it to hell, then oh well.

But yeah, I didn't have success with that ripkit from Alucard, so don't feel weird if you don't either.

20. ferdzjp

ferdzjp Guest

Thanks guys...I am following the directions of the rip...now I don't know how to reindex the LBA :( can someone pls tell me how to do this pls? many tnx!