1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenosaga, has anyone done it?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by capnfunk, Dec 5, 2004.

1. capnfunk

capnfunk Member

I have DVD Decrypter and a DL DVD+R disc. I get an error message when attempting to burn, something about incompatable media. Does anyone know how to back up Xenosaga to a DL DVD+R?

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

Well first, to burn a DL dvd-r you need a dual layer burner. If you do then the program you are using isn't compatible with DL media. Also PS2's aren't great at reading blank DL media.

However, there is a way to back up games like that. If you search this forum and google on guides to rip DVD9 to DVD5. Hopefully that helps out a little, I cannot help you anymore than what I said as I haven't yet tried to backup a DVD9 game.

3. capnfunk

capnfunk Member

Sorry, forgot to mention that I do indeed have a DL DVD burner. I'm not sure if the methods that apply to burning a DVD-9 video work for a DVD-9 game, because I'm not sure if a lossy code comression would result in anything that works...

I know you can split the game into three discs, but I'd really like to know if a 1:1 copy is possible.

4. teggy

teggy Regular member

a 1:1 copy is of course doable, however I do not know of the success.

I don't myself know of a way to compress DVD-9 games, or in fact how to burn it to 3 discs(how do you play it from 3 discs???).

But there is a way to rip DVD-9 to DVD-5, i'm sure I seen a tutorial somewhere. I think it was ripped to two discs.