1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenosaga or any Dual layered games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by iba5000, Mar 3, 2005.

1. iba5000

iba5000 Member

I have a modchip that will play DVD9 games because it is one of the list which is Duo2 / 2se.

I have Xenosaga and I ripped and burned it with Nero this didnt work all I get is a black screen and nothing else, the second time I did I used UltraISO and burned the image with nero this didn't work. I haven't tried DVD Decyprtor yet, if I use DVD Decryptor to rip the image and use Alcohol 120 will it work?

2. dbgt1121

dbgt1121 Guest

why dont people just save themselves the trouble and learn that DVD Decyprtor not only can put things on the computer but burn aswell

3. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Because DVD Decrypter isn't the best F*CKING program out there! That's why.

4. Noveus

Noveus Member

While I'm sure that there is a program somewhere that can do it better, DVD Decrypter has never failed on me for both ripping and burning. So while it may not be perfect, it's still the best burning tool I've ever used

5. dbgt1121

dbgt1121 Guest

see if it works why not use it, and why does everyone want the first xenosaga when the second one burns jsut fine

6. milfzor

milfzor Member

how bout this for a reason...cuz BOTH are good games and BOTH are worth playing....some of us dont pirate everything we can get our hands on, we copy our own games as to not ruin the originals....

7. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

The reason it doesn't work is because most DVD Burners burn OTP. This means that it burns the first layer inside to outside and the second layer outside to inside. It makes for smoother transitions between layers in movies. Playstation 2 games use PTP. This is Inside to Outside on the first layer and the same (Inside to Outside) on the second layer. You need to get a burner/software or possibly upgrade your firmware. The problem is that the second layer is being burned backwards.