1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenosaga (Yet again) on hdd

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by p4_tt, Apr 22, 2005.

1. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I put all 3 disks of xenosaga on my hdd and am able to play it the only thing is now after a certen point the screen goes black but i can still see the readar and go into the menu, i dont know if this is because it's on the hdd or it's because disk 2 is ment to be put in or something.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

HD Loader/Advance does not support Xenosaga. It sounds like you installed a CD-RIP version as how the game uses only 1 DVD. You can try installing the DVD5 RIP version using WinHIIP or another program that allows the PC to see the HDD but otherwise, it doesn't work.

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I used the xenosaga_3_disc_ripkit which puts the whole game on 3 normal dvds, i put all three dvds on my hdd using WinHIP (great app) and wos able to play the game fine up to a certen bit (1o hours in) as far as i know am on disk 2 of the 3 dvds but i wos playing on the hdd and not the disks so i never had to change to disk 2 so as far as i know it worked fine on the hdd even thou its 3 disks. Right now am burning all 3 disk onto dvds and am going to try it without the hdd to see if its works.

**UPDATE** I just checked it with the disk version and it works.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Use the DVD5 RIP version. HD Loader/Advance do not support games ripped to multiple discs.

5. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

I suppose if you use a memorycard exploit for your HDL, you can use CrazyC's dual layer HDL elf. Then you shouldn't have to use ripkits.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Well i spent all last night trrying to get this to work on the hdd, i know it works on the 3 dvds fine, so i deleted the xenosaga images from the hdd and put them back on and its working :)

Thanks for the input guys, cheers.