1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xfps 3 60 pro help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by desmet9, Nov 28, 2007.

1. desmet9

desmet9 Regular member

Yeah I was just wondering if this xfps 360 thing could work even if i did not have a wired controller. All i have is two wireless controllers both with play and charge kits and two guitar hero controllers, one wired one not. I just dont want to spend 90 bucks and not be able to use this godsend of a device. I never liked playing halo 3 with the controller or any fps with a controller i like my mouse and keyboard. So anyone with this could i use my play and charge kit and make it a "usb controller" to work with this xfps 360 pro or not. Also how does the configuring work and if i turn off my xbox does the xfps 360 pro remember my settings.

2. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

can anyone help this guy out???

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Nope, play and charge kit won't work. It has to be wired. Your GH wired should work, but I can't guarantee it as I haven't tried it myself.

I use to use an XFPS/XIM combo with my 360 for fps's, but now I just use and XIM 2. And my XIM I use with my PS3.

Old setup:
    [​IMG]

XIM 2:
    [​IMG]

4. db5304

db5304 Regular member

haha bhetrick my setup is almost exactly the same as yours except my mouse has no leds on it and my kvm switch is black and sits on my tower. Oh and no dual monitor setup yet.. but i do have that mouse pad and am using the logitech g11 (so it looks pretty close).

guess that was kind of pointless but i found it slightly amusing.

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Naw, wasn't pointless.

That black box isn't a kvm, it's an XIM. Mouse is a Habu and I'm running the Reclusa keyboard, and Cyber Snipa pad.

6. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

hey can anyone please help me. I just bought this xfps, I need to know the reset button cause i programed everything wrong & is there a way to make the mouse better it goes really all over the place. I know there are 2 scroll bars to make it better anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

8. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

hey whats the difference between the xim & xim 2?

Can anyone please tell me how this works? So it makes the mouse better?

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The xim software is run on your pc. That's why using an xim is just like playing a pc game. The difference between using the xfps alone vs. using it with an xim is night and day.

The xim is fairly inexpensive and great for those who already are trying to use an xfps. You can build one yourself, if you can solder. Or buy one premade. The xim works for both the 360 and the ps3.

The xim 2 is currently unavailable and it's eta is roughly Feb, but that's not set in stone. It'll cost around $150 plus shipping, and there is a pretty big line for those waiting to get one. It does not work with the ps3. You can not build it yourself.

10. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

alright thanks very much. I will get the xim on ebay for about $95 . So would I have to have a computer next to me when i play the xbox 360? is that how it works?
    thanks

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

$95... ouch. Are you in the States?

12. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

thats australia $95 aus its alot of money aye?

13. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Gotcha.

I just sent one out to Aust. on the 28th. It was $89.95 USD, that includes shipping.

Can you solder at all? You don't have to be good. If you can, I can show you where the instructions are to build your own.

14. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

yeah I can solder pritty good do You have instructions?
    that would be great.
    thanks

15. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

hey I was just wondering Can I use this thing i bought a while back its got a usb on one side and a ps2 outport (smart joy its called) to make this xim or do I have to buy a ps2 contoller?
    Thanks

16. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

hey I found this site in australia that might have the right one. But can someone confirm its it. http://www.x-on.com.au/ thats the link u just gotta type the part code in and its got one. it says TOOLSTICKSK / Microcontroller & Microprocessor Development Tools but it does not have 634 at the start. Help be very appreciated.

Thank you

17. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

That's it.

You want the TOOLSTICKSK. That's the starter kit and it includes the base adapter, daughter card, and a usb cable.

18. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

Thats the Microcontroller & Microprocessor Development Tools not the KIT STARTER TOOLSTICK .
    thanks very much mate I will one of them because its in australia. postage was going to cost about $45 lol . I just wanted to make sure.

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  19. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

When I searched in your link, I typed in "toolstick", without the "sk" on the end. Multiple results came up, and within the top few was the right item number, "toolsticksk - kit starter toolstick". And that is the right one you want to order. That's why I replied in my last post stating that "toolsticksk" is the right item.

But if you type in "toolsticksk", which you must have done after I replyed, you get 3 different results, and the first choice is not the right one. The second choice is.

That web site is set up bad. In this case, they're selling 3 different items, but using the same item number for each.

Oh well... but any how, yes, your selection of the "kit starter toolstick" should be the right one.

After you get your kit and are ready to solder, before simply following the picture in that link I provided of which wire goes where, it would be best to test the PS2 cable first. Don't just go by the wire color. I've made that mistake before. Some third party controllers and extension cables are not color coded the same. They used the same color wires, but didn't run them to the same pins.

Double check each pin to wire with a multimeter, or if you don't have one, you can gently pry the cover off and see which color wire is attached to each pin, then glue the cover back on.

20. mitch04

mitch04 Regular member

hey When every I go buy i click the KIT STARTER TOOLSTICK and comes to another link and just says TOOLSTICKSK / Microcontroller & Microprocessor Development Tools
    which is wrong. Its so dumb this site