1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XGD3 PC Burner Max + Memorex: A Cheap Media Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by MrGreaser, Oct 28, 2011.

1. korayg

korayg Member

try to set max speed to 2.4x for ritek
    This one

RICOHJPN D00-001 2.4

Then flash your dvdrom again

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

some mod should sticky this thread

4. steo2k8

steo2k8 Regular member

Yeah I bought a 25 pack of verbs once but the aone discs work perfectly for me. I'll just stick to cheap discs and any games a play a lot i'll install them on the hard drive. Since my dvd drive is mounted on top of my case I'd rather install games to the hard drive anyway.

I got rrod twice on my xbox (I got the console used originally with rrod 0102 and fixed it and got E74 4 months later so done a second reflow and only got about 3-4 weeks even with a top mounted fan then 0102 again) so I installed the 2nd gen CPU heatsink on the GPU after a third reflow (reflowed the GPU and all RAM chips this time) and it's running cooler and quieter then ever :)

Good suggestion I'm surprised that it still hasn't been stickied.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  5. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

i know this is a stupid question but has anyone tried this method with the truncated burning way for xgd3 games?

6. korayg

korayg Member

If you burn as truncated you will get Unauthorized disc error on LT 3.0

7. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

bullshit stop lying. I bought truncated backups properly stealthed with topology data from a store in china and they boot on my slim with the latest dash + LT3.0. Plus my console is connected to live and ive hadnt had any problems yet

8. korayg

korayg Member

so, why do you ask ? Go try yourself...
    When i burn as truncated, i get unauthorized disc error..It's lite-on dvdrom on xbox and LT 3.0

9. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

1) did you the run the iso through abgx?
    2) have you tried with different brands/reburning
    3) what dashboard version are you on?

10. dovedescent7

dovedescent7 Member

Thank you thank you thank you.. Not only am i so sick of worrying about buying verbatims for xgd3 backups,but i am SO sick of people in forums smoking Verbatims pole all the time!!!

One question...

Im a 6month noob to alot of this

So,my first question is: Am i correct in assuming that once i flash this FW to my ihas124,then verbatims WONT burn the right way,correct?????Only Memorex right?

Secondly,is there a such thing as Lightscribe versions of these memorex Dvdr-dl?

Third: i have An LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner,very expensive last year,can i flash a FW to this drive to burn any sort of dvdr-dl discs for xbox backup? or no...(any brand)?

11. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

1) Im pretty sure verbs will work but the modified fw is to optimize the burn quality of cheap discs
    2) No there isnt, most of these cheap discs are only printable only
    3) Do not flash the fw to your blue ray burner because you will permantly brick and you will be unable to recover your drive.

12. Gerrult

Gerrult Member

Just got a Plextor PX-L890SA today and couldn't find Verbatims at the store, so I bought a couple Memorex discs. Got terrible results...
    trying to install to HD right now... if it does install will I have a problem playing even if the disc is not up to par?

13. jessica4

jessica4 Member

this worked 4 me!!!!

14. sundownguy

sundownguy Member

Tried this method and got decent results on kprobe, with crappy Memorex disks. But one question...should I be running kprobe with disk in my 800 flashed xbox drive that I use for ripping? Or the iHAS I use for burning. Total noob question I know...

15. sundownguy

sundownguy Member

posted from cell phone and it didnt look like it worked. So I posted again. oops. But thanks for reply

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  16. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

you use the iHas drive

17. steo2k8

steo2k8 Regular member

Anyone had any luck using Aone plus discs? I used to get good results with them but lately I get 1 with a PI max of 400-600 nearly every second burn. I got one yesterday that the PIF spiked to 12,000 (yes the PIF that's supposed to stay under 4 actually spiked to 12,000).

Is it time for a new burner?

18. MegaMaverick

MegaMaverick Member

(Bumping an old thread)

Thanks MrGreaser for the tutorial! i have a liteon ihas324b, and a liteon drive in my console. before using MCSE, i had burnt various MKM003s (verbatims) @2.4x (all successful), and many MBIPG101-R12-00 @4x, all of which ran on my console (albeit giving 'unreadable disc' error at times and booting up after re-inserting the disc), and some not booting up at all on my friend's console (he has a different drive in his console). i have a few doubts. i hope someone could assist me with them:

1. does each code in 'replace write strategy' in MCSE has a specific bearing on burn-behaviour? i read in an earlier page that someone is using RICOHJPN-D001 for his MBIPG discs. i chose MKM001 instead, and have burnt 3 games successfully on these MBIP discs @2.4x, but kprobe2 results are far from optimum (too high PI & PIF values), although the game does boot up and play fine. should i re-flash ihas and choose RICOHJPN code this time in 'replace write strategy'? or try burning another disc with this time forced HT & online HT set to 'enabled'?

2. if i should re-flash to change the 'replace write strategy' code in MCSE, should i first revert to burnermax FW and then proceed ahead?

3. or the bad kprobe2 result is due to media's fault?

in any case, i would anyway most certainly want to know how to revert the ihas burner to burnermax FW from MCSE CFW - do i first restore the EEPROM, and then use flash utility to flash to burnermax FW?

thanks for reading!

19. steo2k8

steo2k8 Regular member

Hi same again bringing up an old thread but just wondering has anyone had luck using traxdata printable discs?
    No matter what I do imgburn fails at 50% verifying :(

20. attar

attar Active member

21. steo2k8

steo2k8 Regular member

Better off just spending the extra so all I get is coasters out of these. Unless it's an xdg2 game.