1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XGD3 question.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Bookable, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Bookable

Bookable Member

So being that the last 3% of the game is cut out due to no space, does that mean that i will lose the very end of the campaign or something? Because they wouldn't just make 3% of the game irrelevant. So tell me, am i going to be loosing something from the game if i use the burned copy? unless i install it on my hard drive.

Thanks!

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

The XGD3 format was a new feature that M$ added to their discs. All it did was added a 1GB partition to the disc. You're not going to lose features in game because of the XGD3 format, so don't worry!

3. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

The XGD3 games that have been released up to now work because no game data is contained within the 3% that won't fit on a DVD+R DL. If a game is released that uses all 100% of the available space - or if MS just deliberately put data in that 3% that won't fit on to a DVD+R DL - then the game wouldn't work. It wouldn't necessarily be the last 3% of the campaign that doesn't work, cos it depends how the data is laid out on the disc. It might not boot at all.

4. Bookable

Bookable Member

ok, thanks!