1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xilisoft Avi to DVD converter ver 3.0

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by joshisona, Feb 18, 2008.

1. joshisona

joshisona Member

I have bought this product last week.
    During the trial unregistered usage, I was able to convert a single AVI to DVD with the watermark.

Since I have bought this online and fed in the regn id, I get a software failure after the whole procedure is over and the software windows displays that create DVD but then immediately MS error displays a GPF and option to close down the application. The DVD becomes unreadable after that.

I supply the destination as a folder on the HDD, all the files are saved there. On trying to use NERO 6 to write the files onto Video_TS folder of a DVD_Video option window, the file allocation error and VTS_01_0.VOB missing eror flashes.

So far I have tried to convert and write 2 avi files together onto one DVD with a simple cartoon menu

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

get dvd flick a very good free app (does the lot to dvd!)

on your tool if you must use it uninstall the lot and install again with new serial

+ if your into buying apps get convertxtodvd truely awesome wonder of modern science!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  3. joshisona

joshisona Member

Using DVD Flick - I can burn only one avi in a DVD. Using Xilisoft, I can burn multiple avi at a time. thats why i had opted for Xilisoft over DVDflick.
    For example:
    Cars.avi - 718956.kb
    iceage2.avi - 721136 kb

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

it burns multiple avi to 1 dvdr at once

5. joshisona

joshisona Member

In the above mentioned files - after adding the first file- dvdflick shows 95% disc used and does not accept the the second file.
    I dont know if there is some kind of compression that I am missing out on because the same two files are accepted in Xilisoft for DVD 5.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

oh i see - checking...

mine adds 3 700megs, then still adds files but bar turns red!

7. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

I'd stick with Xilisoft. I tried DVD Flick and got poor quality and sound that was even worse. My process is different than what you mention I convert avi to iso and then burn.

I have not tried convertxtodvd and can't say anything good or bad about it.

8. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

In DVD Flick, you must set the bitrate to automatic. Xilisoft will add more because automatically lowers the quality.You must change the settings in DVD Flick. I convert 3 avi files, 1.2GB each, with a menu, subtitles, multiple audio,with no problem using DVD Flick.

The poor quality- will happen with any converter if you choose a setting that will give speed over quality.

I use DVD Flick 1.3, release 602. There are a few versions(5**) that have audio issues that have been fixed now

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  9. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

Oddly enough I set the bitrates to automatic and from help and research did set the conversion at best and with a second pass to try to improve the quality. I will always chose quality over speed maybe I did just have an older version.

10. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Don't know what else to tell you...depending on the quality of the avi source, with some of my conversions with DVD Flick, it looks as good as a DVD.