1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XMB HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by akshey879, Jul 15, 2007.

1. akshey879

akshey879 Guest

ok i have a 3.40 OE psp and i want to put custom XMB background which i can make and put on my psp wat program do i use and how do i put it on the psp?

plz give me some sort of guide that shows how to make your own XMBS too!!

THANKS!!!!

2. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

to make your own icons and stuff is pretty complicated. but i can show you howto flash a theme on your flash0!

just get a theme. get a 3.40 OE-A icon converter. (if you flash the icons without converting, youll semi-brick)

then convert the icons only.

now go into recovery mode and access the flash0 via USB. (advanced-flash0)

then on your computer, open the folder that pops up. then open vsh, then resource.

then simply drag the RCO files into that folder and say yes to replace.

if its a font, just press back, and youll see a font folder. just drag that file into there and replace.

BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THIS, ACCESS YOUR flash0 AND MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF ALL OF THE FOLDERS ONTO YOUR COMPUTER.

after you replace everything, the theme should be set.

so before you disconnect the USB cable, just press back.

then disconnect, then press exit recovery.

your psp SHOULD boot. and you SHOULD have that theme you always wanted!

but if your PSP screen doesnt turn on, but the power light comes on, then youve semi-bricked.

so just turn off, and return to recovery. access the flash0 and replace the vsh folder with the one you BACKED UP.

hope this helped!!