1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XMB Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Propagand, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

I want to install a custom XMB for my PSP but I think I kinda know what I'm doing. Should I go ahead and install it anyway?? I really want to but I dont want to birck it. BUT where the XMB is going isnt in the KD folder which is like the PSP's heart its going in the VSH> Resource folder. Can it still be bricked??

2. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

Wait I inspected further and saw that I might not have to delete everything in the resource folder and replace because the new files are less than the original ones. maybe I delete the ones in reource and replace them with the ones from the XMB.Sorry if I confused anyone even more I'm a very cautious noob when it comes to XMB stuff.

3. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yes, anything to do with flash can brick your PSP, but just make a backup of the whole flash0 onto your computer, and don't touch recovery.prx.

If you brick it, no problem, just go into recovery and transfer the backup back over onto your PSP.