1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP downgrade?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by clay7676, Mar 11, 2007.

1. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

Hi, I have windows vista on my current machine and I was wondering if i will get improved performance by downgrading from vista to XP. Because I've noticed that switching from program to program including games is not as fast as it might seem on XP, and might be a little slower also. Sure you could say i need more RAM and a new CPU, but besides that would downgrading dramaticly increase the way i can switch from games to the desktop or will it not make a diffrence?
    MY Specs are:

AMD 64 4200+ dual core
    NVIDIA 7300LE Turbocache'
    1gb RAM
    160gb SATA HD

2. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

I'm ONLY asking if XP will help out with this nothing else that you guys think vista sucks for. Just performance issues

Thanks

3. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

oh and one more question.. would installing winxp on my computer from vista cause me to have to reinstall a bunch of drivers? i mean i wouldn't have to do many but like for my nvidia 7300?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

go for more ram as vista is a memory hog. they suggest 4gig of ram for best performance for vista. if vista was a fresh install & not an upgrade than will have to do same for xp.

5. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

Windows OS's generally cannot 'downgrade'. However, that doesn't they can't be uninstalled then replaced with whatever version of Windows your computer will accept.

At least one way you can get to that is to reformat the hard drive, but then you'll need a complete installation disk of XP or whatever is your preferred OS, 'kay?