1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xp home edition

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mcalister, Mar 18, 2005.

1. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

I'm currently using windows xp home edition with sp2. I want you guys opinions about sp2. Is sp2 good to have for security reasons and so forth or should I just delete it and call it a day ? Thanks for your replys. em

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

well you can't delete SP2, so you're stuck with it. I think it is very good to have, as it has many new security and stability features. I have had it for at least 9 months now, and have had zero program conflicts with it.

3. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Well thats good to know I learn something new everyday. I guess my real problem is when I sign on the enternet my homepage opens fine but some of the dialog boxes on my homepage are blank and have a small red x in the corner of the box. Plus when I try to visit a websight or do a search for something it sounds like something blocks it and my screen goes blank then I just exit out and return to my home page.

4. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Thanks for your help djscoop. I figured out what the problem was. My internet security settings were set to high.

5. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Yea and I test the blood people donate. Thanks for the donations. Job security.

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

lol. no prob, glad you got everything working