1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Media Center

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by abuzar1, Apr 14, 2005.

1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I just want to know what different hardware a media enter pc has so i can install it and then install win xp media center( Some1s givin it to me for free)

2. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

ok really you should hae worded that differently
    Anyways you dont need any specific hardware to run media center i have the 2005 version which cost a hell of a lot on a regular pc. To take full advantage of it though youll want a compatible tv card which is pretty muh any around. Look for a decent spec one, high resolution on make sure its internal though cos usually there better and cheaper. Also youll want maybe a graphic card with a tv out this is optional however but its recommended. You should also get a media centre remote heres a link http://shop.store.yahoo.com/directron/xpmediactrl.html getting all that kind of stuff will allow you to tke full advantage of media center's features but as i said its all optional you could run it on the pc you have right now prob.

3. gizmobob

gizmobob Member

4. Gerry1976

Gerry1976 Member

From what i can tell you don't need any specific hardware to run media centre xp 2005. As long as your graphics card and other component are fairly up to date i.e. made in the last year, you should be ok. One thing you should make sure of is that your tv card can capture mpeg2 format.

i bought my media centre form here http://www.media-centre-pc.com and it uses pretty standard equipment and it runs really well.