1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Pro 64

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Declan00, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Declan00

Declan00 Member

i need some info, i'm not really 'in the know' about PC's but i would like to know for a 64bit processor do you have to install a copy of Windows XP 64 or can i use my copy of Windows XP? cause if so my mate is screwed.
    hoping to hear from someone soon

2. peanuts2

peanuts2 Regular member

No you don't need to have windows XP pro Ver64 for your computer it will work just fine with the standard Windows xp.Wait until Vista comes out and they will have a new 64 bit windows driver database then it will better to pick up a copy.

3. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Screw VISTA.. Vista is gunna be so DRM laced its gunna make Sony's rootkit look like child's play. Not to mention the insane hardware requirments for whats gunna be WinXP SP3 {snickers}.. MS is pulling the plug left and right on all the 'new and improved innovations' that were supposed to be builtin to Vista just to get it done on time/budget.Go read up on any of the Vista news sites (MSDN, WinBeta, Neowin) on what features MS had pulled from Vista now. Granted, MS plans to release some of the features being pulled as addons later but still doesnt justify gettting Vista.