1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xp product key input page....Help

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by stonephar0, Sep 14, 2012.

1. stonephar0

stonephar0 Member

I have a Dell OEM xp home disk that is for a pc, I built a laptop from Asus, Acer and whatever else. Frankentop. =) Anyway, I now have the product key but even after 2 disc wipes, it won't prompt me for the key. I've used this disc quite a few times over the last 2 years on this machine and never had a problem with it verifying, My Jesus thinks it's a Dell, anyway, I know there's a myriad of other avenues to take here, but this ones kind of a mission. My xp Pro Microsoft issue that I bought. EXPLODED in my lightscribe into a 200 plus pieces and it trashed my drive, well, they won't do crap about it and say xp is too old blabla sorry about your drive have a nice day and a slurpy. So because they think they have me by the balls with this disk and won't authenticate it. I want to pull up the product key page and load the number. Is there anyway of doing this? I can find my way around o.k. I'm just a user though, not a techy . I can go into hkey and shut of the 30 day keys by changing the oobet timecode, but that's not good enopugh for me. I want to make it legit myself. Any help would be awesome. If you've dealt withMS on any customer service level. I hope you will understand my reasons Thanks

2. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

well, your question is kind of lengthy but you can access the product key input page by clicking 'run' and entering this: %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

OR you can go to start>all programs>accessories>system tools>activate windows.

sorry phar0 im not using xp but i think thats two ways to do it.