1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP - The End, April 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by 2oldGeek, Nov 4, 2013.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

XP – The End

[​IMG]Both Google and Mozilla have announced support for Windows XP beyond Microsoft’s April 8, 2014 deadline. It’s a transparent attempt to inflate their market share at the expense of users. Folks, they aren’t doing you any favors.
    Windows XP isn’t near as secure as Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 and when Microsoft’s support ends you will be in real danger. Many security experts think the bad guys are sitting on exploits, waiting for April, 8th.
    See: The Risk of Running Windows XP After Support Ends April 2014

2. aldan

aldan Active member

totally agree here.loved my xp,was familiar with it,but certainly not irrevocably attached to it. its done and nothing is going to change that.like my windows 7 now but i think i will give 8 a pass and see what the future holds.

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Nobody likes change.. I tried ME and Vista for about 30 minutes. Stayed with XP til 7 came out and haven't tried 8, but who knows may give a chance. :)

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

worked on my 3rd win8 computer as of today. installed classic start button program on it as didn't have time to do upgrade to 8.1 so still boots to tile screen, press desktop tile & goes to desktop with the start button in left corner just like previous versions of windows & shutdown works with start button without going to top right corner & unhide the shutdown routine to use it. 8.1 supposedly can be setup to load directly to desktop bypassing the tiles screen from what i read this afternoon on my xp computer with ie8.