1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP64 - Nero Freeware

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by dcbohn, Jun 16, 2007.

1. dcbohn

dcbohn Member

I tried to install the Nero freeware that came w/ my DVD unit. It blew up and the uninstall blew up. I have tried the program to uninstall all nero and it blew. I really don't care much about the record/burn feature right now. All I wish for at the moment is to get a working codex for playing DVDs. DVD player/recorder is Samsung, I do not remember model number right now.

2. britz660

britz660 Member

Can you be more specific besides "blew up", while probably a good term for what happened it doesn't provide any incite for why it didn't work.

3. dcbohn

dcbohn Member

It did not like the fact that it was windows xp 64 during the install. During the uninstall I did not write down the message each time but basicly it stated that it could not finish. It has been a while since I did it. It is one of the things on my list to fix but has not been a high priority. I think what I wish to do is just install a good codex for now.

4. britz660

britz660 Member

Well, if bought the DVD drive separately and you have a 32bit version of the program and are trying to run it on a 64bit system then its not going to work. Try looking for the codex like you said, and if you want to use nero check and find out if they have a 64 bit version.