1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xperia x10 volume too low

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by smittyuk, Sep 10, 2010.

1. smittyuk

smittyuk Member

i love my xperia x10 but the only issue is the volume through headphones, i use sony ericsson bluetooth headphones which worked great on my t-mobile g1 but since changing to a sony ericsson phone its crap, i have tried other headphones but its exactly the same. i found something which is On the key lock screen, press "menu > back > back > menu > back > menu > menu > back" but it brings up a screen with option to test each part of the phone eg compass, accelerometer, touch screen, speakers which comes through headphones and earphone which comes through ear piece on the phone but nothing to change it just to test. would be very grateful if some1 could solve this for me as iv not got a clue what to try next, i have read somewhere that it is possible but nothing to actually do it.

cheers

2. rampipe

rampipe Member

i find the same problem with the the volume when i get a call. I have difficulty hearing persons on the other end of the phone even with the volume at max.???

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I would say it is time to root; sony refuses to release working firmwares for their products, and the x10 is no exception. Take matters into your own hands, and be thankful that you were lucky enough to get a sony product that allows you to do so.

4. smittyuk

smittyuk Member

how do i root the phone and what are the benefits and down falls to rooting my phone as i dont know much about rooting phones thankyou in advance

5. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Rooting allows you to upgrade to the latest android OS, which will make your phone a lot more functional, reliable, and fast. It also allows you a few tweaks like free wifi tethering and DIY ringtones. In addition, rooted devices can be tweeked to have higher call volume with better audio quality, they can use "low voltage" kernels that save battery power while making the phone faster, and many other handy things.

Personally, I have not rooted the x10...I warned all my friends about that phone before any got a chance to buy it...but here is a link to a thread by some guy that rooted his x10:

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/119281-benefits-rooting-x10.html

6. smittyuk

smittyuk Member

thank u killerbug that linked helped alot all though im still unsure whether to root as there does seem to be problems with some things not working on phone after rooted and removing things on phone thats not needed, even said that the fact with battery life being alot better and the need for higher volume im still tempted so i will let thread know how it goes, hopefully without making my phone into a expensive paper weight.

7. kaisera

kaisera Member

Yea, It's low for me as well.. At first I thought it was that sticky cover on the xperia x10 screen, it was covering the ear hole or w/e u wanna call it. I took it off and seems to be the same for me. can they fix that with a new firmware or not? i also don't know how to root?

8. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Can they fix it with a long overdue firmware update? Yes.

Will they ever support their products? No.

As for root, it is very easy on this phone...google is your friend.

9. greenfly1

greenfly1 Member

Hello all okay here is my question just got me a Sony Ericsson x10 for Christmas and has firmware build R2CA016 not sure if this is good or not I keep hearing that Sony firmware is outdated. My question is this what is rooting and what do you gain from it? Also with the current firmware version I have would you recommend rooting? Oh and one other question was someone told me about making the phone unbranded what the heck is that? I would like to be able to remove stuff from my phone that I know I will never use and my add some free apps like people do on the iphone.