1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xpress V3.0.2 and latest version V3.2.etc...

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by S2e, Nov 11, 2003.

1. S2e

S2e Member

I bought the retail version. it would only fully copy a movie with the "entire disc" selected. (Latest version downloaded would'nt even do this)
    when i put a blank disc in when i pressed the green start button the programme disappears, leaving a white "shilouette" where it was, and the only way i can get out it is by Ctrl-Alt-Delete (where i'm told the 321 programme is not responding)and restart my computer.
    It's a PAIN,
    can anyone help?
    thanks,
    S2e

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD X Copy Express does not like any packet writing software (direct cd, in cd, dla). Some systems will let you get away running these programs along with X copy Express. But I would 1st uninstall any of these that your system might have and uninstall Express too. Then re-start 2 times. Reinstall Express and try again.
    Jerry

4. S2e

S2e Member

Jerry, i tried this with BOTH versions:
    downloaded did the usual
    cd version 3.0.2 did it's usual also
    still stuck,
    has this happened to anyone here?
    how did you fix the problem?
    Thanks
    S2e

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

S2e--are you still using ver 3.0?? I had lots of trouble with it. Upgrade to Ver 3.2.1 Its free off 321studios site. The only time I saw something blank out like your problem was when I forgot to use the drive select. I run both a cd burner and a DVD burner. Once I selected the correct drive it cleared up. Also try a new download. maybe you got a poor download and are missing something. Jerry

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  6. S2e

S2e Member

Hi, it is the version 3.0 (from the cd) that takes me as far as step 2 then white-out!
    I downloaded the latest version (once with norton anti virus on, and once with norton disabled) and APART from the smallest lettering "is this a borrowed or rental dvd?"etc.,being badly broken up (unreadable in places - anyone else get this?)it won't even complete a copy to be burned!
    any other suggestions - i'm just about ready to send the disc back for a refund, but would rather have it working.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

S2e, thats a strange problem. Sounds almost like a video card problem. Just to give a idea of what sometimes happens, here is what happened to me before I even got to trying a dvd backup. I had a GE force 4 video card installed that had video out ports to my TV and VCR. When I got my HP 200i burner drive, the first thing I tried was to just play one of my store bought DVD movies. Power DVD program kept telling me my disks were dirty or damaged. All are like new. After getting the drive exchanged and installing the 2nd one, I got the same error message. I now realized it had to be something else. I tried 6 of my movies in a row with the same message. On the 7th movie I got this. (You can not play a copy protected movie with a video out port activated on your computer). I don't know why it didn't say that the 1st time. I removed the GE force 4 and installed another card I had and everything is now fine. These machines will drive you to drink if you let them. I wish I could be more help, but not being in front of the machine makes it hard. Hope you get it fixed. One other thing, make sure you disable or shut down any anti-virus or other programs that start automatically before starting Xcopy.
    Jerry

Last edited: Nov 12, 2003
  8. S2e

S2e Member

Jerry, hi, first of all thanks for your time and help, but I got the CD(v3.0.2-UK)to work!!!what i did to work was stupidly simple:
    put the film into my cd rom (a toshiba)
    AND AT THE SAME TIME put a blank dvd into my dvd writer (also a toshiba).
    Pressed start- another box appears saying "detected blank media in writer,do you want to automatically write after copying"-words to that effect- pressed "yes" and Bingo!it now works fine.
    (some discs won't let me copy "entire disc", but if I uncheck this box and try again it's OK
    you get the full movie, but no menus, extras etc.
    If you have any ideas on overcoming this let me know, but thanks again for the advice - your obviously knowledgeable on Xpress!
    cheers!
    S2e
    I start getting broadband next week....how well versed are you on it? - I dunno what kind of houmor you have - check out "b3ta.com" - you'll love it or hate it

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

S2e, Glad to hear you got it working. I'm no expert on Broadband but I'm sure someone out there is. I still have 56k dialup at home because beleive it or not the town I live in still owns and operates its phone company which limits me what they offer. Here at work, Pittsburgh PA we use Comcast DSL. I don't notice a big difference just browsing, but when it comes to big downloads its like 100 times faster. good luck Jerry

10. koola

koola Guest

Get the 2mbit version, it is ace and way better than the normal 512 kbit. I've had it for over a year now and I couln't live with out it. This broadband hosts my 5 game servers and a DNS server. If your gonna get BB, get it fast!