1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xtreme 5.2c firmware problem...I think...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by rustyman1, Mar 29, 2007.

1. rustyman1

rustyman1 Guest

first off I have a ts-h943 ms28 flashed with 5.2c and it was working fine for about 2 days now it will only read original 360 games not backups when I put in one of my backups it goes to load and just stays with a black screen I keep playing with it standing it up laying it down? its only a week old no error messages or red lights I also added artics silver 5 and talismoon whisper fans before I flashed which I always do but I think its the firmware though everybody is saying that, the 5.2c was good. any help would be greatly appreciated thank guys :)

2. theridges

theridges Guest

what type of media are you burning onto?

3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

ummm never heard of anyone using 52c try 52a if its good media your burning to, like verbatims, or 52b if your using crappy media like memorex

4. rustyman1

rustyman1 Guest

I am using mamorex and verbs I have had no problem on other drives I had a ms28 before flawless with memorexs. it working now but i dont know why it messes up?

5. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

they made a special update for your console only, just to annoy you.

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

you must be the most helpful person ever!

7. rustyman1

rustyman1 Guest

what do you mean the made an update?

8. theridges

theridges Guest

he is being dumb there is no update....
    try 5.2a or 5.2b i use 5.2c and have had no problems but i know when most people get errors they just change which firmware they have..

FOr Xtreme 5.2A backup Read Speed is always same as original game disks 12x. Original discs unaffected

FOr Xtreme 5.2B backup Read Speed is always quiet/slow. Original discs unaffected.

FOr Xtreme 5.2C default backup Read Speed is same as original game disks 12x. When Original Game disk is booted, all subsequent backup loading will be at Quiet/Slow Read mode, Original Game disks are unaffected. Turn console off/on to reset back to Default backup read speed (12x). Quiet/Slow Read Speed is for quiet operation and/or cheap DVD+R DL media.

FOr Xtreme 5.2D default backup Read Speed is Quiet/Slow 2-4x. When Original Game disk is booted, all subsequent backup loading will be at Fast Read mode 12x, Original Game disks are unaffected. Turn console off/on to reset back to Default backup read speed for backups (2-4x).

9. rustyman1

rustyman1 Guest

yeah i know that I tried 5.2c, 5.2a, 5.2d and now went to xtreme 3.3
    same thing it is the drive i think its just f*&^ed and i also did the rubberband mod no success cause my demos off the memory card run well all day long but for some reasons the drive wont play games maybe its the lens i even tried cleaning that :( I guess this one is going back to bill. time for a swap :)

10. Memnock

Memnock Active member

The only thing is you might get a Benq back. Those aren't flashable yet.

11. rustyman1

rustyman1 Guest

that is true and you are scaring me but if so I will just swap again and again and again. that one was just swapped last week.
    One other question was is the progress on the benq drives has anybody heard how gary opa is doing on it he usually gets right on it and so does modfreaks?