1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xtreme firmware 5.0A for the TS-H943 Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by atomick, Mar 23, 2007.

1. atomick

atomick Regular member

I have the 'Xtreme firmware 5.0A for TS-H943 Xbox 360'

Just wondering if anybody out there can give me their opinion this firmware.

Can I go online with my backup games and the firmware stealth’s them or do I have to manually stealth patch the games themselves when backing them up?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well the newest firmware is Xtreme 5.1, and it has auto patching so stealth patching is not needed.
    Onmline you can find games that are stealth patched, and some that are not. It all depends on the uploader.
    as far as backing them up from original discs you own, i would buy a Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive on Ebay (flashed with KREON firmware or you can always do that yourself when you get it)
    This drive can read xbox & 360 original game discs and make back ups using Xbox Backup Creator. when using that drive and program, every back up you make from an original disc will be stealth.
    or just flash with the newest firmware and you will not have to worry if they are stealth.

3. atomick

atomick Regular member

Does 'Xtreme firmware 5.0A for TS-H943 Xbox 360' have auto patching???

4. atomick

atomick Regular member

Does 'Xtreme firmware 5.0A for TS-H943 Xbox 360' have auto patching???

5. atomick

atomick Regular member

Can I just ask, if I buy the 'Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom' flashed with KREON firmware; will it do straight backups without me having to muck about trying to find SS files for the game?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  6. theridges

theridges Guest

5.2 is the newest firmware out :)
    and yes i believe with the DVD Drive you can make straight back-ups but im not totally sure

7. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, you can make a strait 1 to 1 back up copy of the original disc with the Samsung SH-D162C drive in your PC, and it will be stealth with all files when using the newest Xbox Backup Creator program. It is as easy as making a copy of a music CD. There is also an SATA version for those who have SATA ports open in their PC, I think it is a SH-D163A and uses the same Kreon firmware, but is in shorter supply then the IDE model. But get them while you still can because as time goes on they will become harder to find and more expensive. Samsung does not make them anymore and Ebay is about the only place i know where you can still get them.

Sorry theridges, typo. The Extreme 5.2 is what i have now
    and yes that firmware will auto patch for stealth so you do not have to worry about anything you may decide to download.

8. theridges

theridges Guest

yea i thought it was a typo :)
    yea i just ordered my SH-D162C off ebay preflashed :)

9. atomick

atomick Regular member

Can I use the 'Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive' on my laptop with a USB cable or something similar?

If anyone knows what I can use and can finds it on eBay please send me the link. Thanks

10. theridges

theridges Guest

yes i believe you can dont see why you cant use it with a usb enclosure....

11. atomick

atomick Regular member

Once I backup my game with the 'Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive' and Xbox Backup Creator v2.4.

What software do I use to burn it to a dual layer DVD? = I used CDClone

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  12. kc73837

kc73837 Member

before reading my questions, take a deep breath..don't get mad...what's XTreme Firmware Update?? I tried looking it up, but have no clue. so you have to crack open your 360 to install it? is it a chip? so if i get the samsung drive..can i burn games and play on 360? what does flashing the drive mean? please help out! now take a deep breath again..and start answering my questions=) thanx!

13. theridges

theridges Guest

Xtreme firmware is a hacked firmware that onced flashed to the hitachi or Samsung Drives will allow you to play burned games...

and even though you said you looked for it i know you didn't look because if you type it into google about 5000 answers come up...

14. kc73837

kc73837 Member

do i have to have the samsung drive to rip games and make copies? Or does it work with others too? burning games...can i burn with any drives? which program should i use? thanx..
    one more thing..where can i download Xbox Backup Creator and Xtreme firmware ? thank you!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  15. steimy

steimy Active member

@kc73837, I suggest IMGburn V2.1 for burning them. It is free and i have done about 30 something games so far and every one has worked.
    you just have to set the layer break the first time:
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal

I also suggest you use Verbatim 2.4X to 6X DVD+R DL media, burn them at 4X speed.
    You can get Xbox Backup Creator online by searching or from #Xbixns through FTP by reading this guide (FTP is really fast way to get things for Xbox and 360) thank theridges for the guide :)
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox/1625-how-connect-xbins.html

You need the Samsung PC drive to read original games, it is the only one that can. As far as burning them, any good dual layer burner that can burn DVD+R DL media will work.
    If you have the Samsung DVD drive in your Xbox then the Xtreme 5.2 firmware is what you want, if it is a Hitachi they have a different firmware. I beleive #Xbins also has the firmware.

more guides means less questions, so make sure you read them.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox-360/

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  16. kc73837

kc73837 Member

steimy...THANX FOR THE HELP!!!!!

17. kc73837

kc73837 Member

hey guys, i used xbox backup creator to rip games with my samsung preflashed dvd reader. but when i try to to do it, it says "The disk seems to be unlocked in the mode with both partitions available. This mode is not currently supported." Then it jumps to read failed. Does anybody know how do i fix this problem? Thanx!