1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xtreme firmware offline

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gragdale, May 29, 2007.

1. gragdale

gragdale Member

Hi, Im new and have a question

i have been offered a £150 xbox 360 with the xtreme hack. I know i can no longer play this online but i do not want to play it online whereas the seller does. I was jus wondering, if i buy the chipped xbox 360 will i be able to play new releases that come out offline? And if so how long for? Im a bit of a noob so please help.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

the only thing that they will ban you from is Xbox Live. If you do not play Xbox Live then you have nothing to worry about as all other functions of your 360 will still work the same. In other words you can still play your back ups offline all you want.

3. gragdale

gragdale Member

crackin :) thanks very much. But just wondering will i still be able to play new releases in the future or change it so i cant play any new games that come out? Like they did on the psp i mean as i havnt had or played on an xbox 360

4. wiseup

wiseup Member

hi mate if you pm me i`ll sort you out with games if you wanting but remember you have to have the original ,just pm anyway

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Your console should not stop playing games. Think of it as you being a person who bought a 360, modded it, but never bought an Xbox Live account. You can not access Xbox Live or any game updates, themes or anything from the MS Marketplace online. But all offline features should still work normally. Unless an online update is required to play the game, which would be stupid as not everyone has the money for XBL. I would not bother getting Shadowrun, which from what i have heard is all online with no single player modes at all. You can always just buy XBL cards at a game shop one month at a time and play on Live until they catch and ban you. That way not much money will be lost. Just make sure that you have two things first.

1. a Samsung MS25 or MS28 DVD drive in the 360 flashed with at least Extreme 5.2 firmware.
    2. Any game you play online should be stealth patched which will lower your chances of being banned a little.

your big concern should be what the person who sold it to you has done. Because they ban the console and not your Xbox Live account. Meaning that if he did any of the wrong things then it may get banned from Xbox Live no matter how careful you are.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  6. kris77

kris77 Member

i have just managed to get myself a 360 also and was wondering about this. I bought a core 360, its fine and works ok. I have absolutely no intention of taking it online but it is flashed. Ive seen loads of topics about patching this, patching that, stealth patching and the like. Does any of this matter a jot if your just getting them to play offline?

Thanks

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if you never intend to go online then you dont need to stealth patch them. it just makes them read as originals incase ms scans your box while your playing it.

8. gragdale

gragdale Member

cool thanks very much for the info. I just have to make the decision for xbox or ps3 :\