1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID 2 pass

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by romas9, May 20, 2004.

1. romas9

romas9 Guest

hallo guys...i have a very important question...every movie that i downlaod from the net and it is dvdrip is in xvid,700 mb and incredible quality...when i am trying to make a divx with divx 5.1.1 from a dvd if i want it to have nice quality the outpout must be more than 1,5 gb.after a week i read in a release site that dvdrips are encoded with the xvid codec with 2 passes and they are 700 mb.so i downloaded the new xvid codec opened vdub to convert a svcd to avi and in the xvid settings i putted 2 passes.but vdub announced an error.(with 1 pass no problem)
    so my questions are:1)which program i need so i can make an avi file with xvid codec wth 2 passes with no problems.
    and:
    2)which settings must i have to the codec so i can have an avi outpout file with very nice quality(2 passes) and 700mb size.....
    thanks...

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Check out autogordian knot at doom9.org, its an easy divx and xvid encoder and works great. If you use that, you dont have to worry about settings, it will do it for you and you get good quality.

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

xvid unofficial faq,
    your guide to almost everything about xvid.

http://www.vslcatena.nl/~ronald/docs/xvidfaq.html

my xvid basic settings,
    adaptive quant, GMC, 3 b-vops, trellis quant, vhq 1, MPEG custom matrix (usually HVS best)

sometimes i gave everything it got, the kitchen sink :p depending on the video.