1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid ac3 out of sync

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Like_Hell, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Like_Hell

Like_Hell Member

hi.
    I have a prob with an xvid movie which is in 5.1 channels sound. The sound is ahead of the picture in about half a second. I tried working with vdub but it doesnt work because it cant proccess 5.1 channels. anyone knows another way to sync the xvid? thanks ahead.

2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

VirtualDubMod can handle AC3 sound and works like VirtualDub if you're already familiar with it's use.

3. Like_Hell

Like_Hell Member

I tried that...

It still gave me an error that says:
    "The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. Check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format."

I dont know how to use the program well.
    Is there a way to define its' inputs to 5.1 surround?

4. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

Sorry, after you said that it jogged my memory that I did have a problem opening a file w/ac3 in vdub mod. I'm at work and can't play with it right now but I'll see if I can scavenge some time tonight in case someone else doesn't have a suggestion.

5. Like_Hell

Like_Hell Member

ok. thank you.

6. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I couldn't get virtualdubmod to do anything but strip the ac3 audio out into a wave file losing the quality in the process. While researching I saw other programs that may be able to do it though such as I saw references to nandub which I'm not familiar with at all. It's kinda annoying the lack of documentation on Virtualdubmod.