1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XviD and DivX Encoding Lock Up

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by eumoria, Aug 19, 2003.

1. eumoria

eumoria Guest

I use VirtualDub 1.5.4 (build 16279) and am trying to encode both short and long clips. In both codecs, at 14 min 14 seconds it freezes. Not VirtualDub itself, but the dub stops rendering frames. I can't correct this problem and it happens with DivX 5.0.3, 5.0.5, 4.13, and every XviD Binary i can find, so it's probably not a codec issue.

Has anyone else experianced this problem or know what I can do to fix it?

Windows 2000 SP4
    NVidia's GeForce4 MX 440
    clanDVD --> VOB
    DVD2AVI --> d2v
    VFAPI Reader Codec 1.05 --> "fake" avi
    VirtualDub 1.5.4 --> frozen at 14:14

Thanks to anyone who can help

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2003
  2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

VirtualDub 1.5.3 is extremely buggy. Upgrade to the newest version.

3. eumoria

eumoria Guest

that was a type-o, if you read the entire post i ment 1.5.4, sorry

4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Thats odd, most if not all 'freezing' during encoding problems were supposed to have been fixed with this version. Well, Id recommend downgrading to the vdub version before 1.5.3 Or else try encoding with virtualdubmod.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdubmod.cfm

Also you should address your problem at the virtualdub support forum. They might have an answer as to why this problem occurs and how to fix it. Or you might give them some reliable info that could help them correct the problem when they create newer versions of vdub.
    http://virtualdub.everwicked.com/index.php

Good Luck.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2003
  5. Powa

Powa Regular member

Yer your finding out the hard way just like me and most people :) The new versions of Vdub are still beta really and have bugs in them.

If you really want to be assured it will work, get Vdub 1.4.13 (build14328/release) definitely works.