1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid Avi movies to a dvd?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by koz1220, Jun 8, 2003.

1. koz1220

koz1220 Member

A friend gave me two cd's with one avi file on each disc--the first half and second half of a dvd movie (of which i already own the real dvd). i'm wantint to put the two files together and burn them to a dvd, but the xvid compression seems to have thrown me for a loop. I'm using Sonic DVDit! program to make the dvd (i've added a menu and a few other things to the dvd; i just need to add the main movie to it now). any suggestions on what to do?

2. koz1220

koz1220 Member

Here's what I've done. I use virtualdub and rip out the audio to a .wav file. Then I use tmpegenc and select the original file for video, then the audio file i ripped out for the audio, and burn it using DVD , NTSC, CBR Linear PCM Audio, change Rate Control Mode ot Automatic VBR, change the VBV buffer size to zero, then make the file. the resulting file that I get has the video, but no sound...

3. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

i think its because x-vid is an mpeg layer 4 and this is a new layering and there hasnt been too much software development for this layering. Gonna have to wait a bit i think, or talk to someone who knows how to encode this kind of layering. Good luck