1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid / DDX burning to DVD Help

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Amison, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Amison

Amison Member

I've got a film downloaded to which I think is a Xvid / DDX (this was after the .extension file path) and converted to a DVD with some software I downloaded the only thing is the later half of the film didn't work - just came to abrubt stop (this happened on two different DVD players). Film length was on 1hr 30mins trying to place on a 120 mins DVD-R disc. Please can someone recommend me the best conversion software and one that can create a dvd copy as well. And, really one that is aimed for beginners - am a noob at this! Thanks in advance.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Does this XviD file playback on the PC ok before conversion.
    What software did you use to convert it.

Good freeware is DVD Flick or FAVC.

3. Amison

Amison Member

Not visual on the PC through Windows Media Player - could just make out some audio. Think it was a WinRar - Sorry have been messing about with some different software - will try those, thanks. Ok, so tried both of those pieces of software now, sorry not really for me, first one: DVD Flick kept saying no room on the hard drive or would have to delete the content of which ever folder I selected - no thanks to that one. And the Favc very un-user friendly and a few wierd messages to boot - looks a bit like someones just peddled it together. So thanks all the same, though but my post is going stay open.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

First you have to get this video playing on your pc, that sounds like a codec issue. VLC Player has them contained and plays most formats or a codec pack like K-Lite (full) or just the XVID codec of Kopec will play about 90% of XVID (both will enable WMP to play, VLC won't). Check runtime too. Not sure I understand but what was WinRar and don't play a Rar, it's only a portion of the file; you have extracted all the rars first? Never used it but understand that Avs2DVD is quite good and easy to use, free too and ConvertXtoDVD isn't free but very good and easy to use but the trial leaves a watermark in your video. Before you let anything burn, check the created file first to make sure all is well and DVD Flick shouldn't be deleting anything (never used it either) unless you have no space on your HDD, you need 8 - 10 Gigs of free space for DVD creation (make your own folder for DVD Flick, already empty)

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

the reason dvd flick is saying drive is full is because THE DRIVE IS FULL!!!! doesn't matter what you try making a dvd with that problem will keep happening, even if you try burning straight to disk.. .. clear out your temp files and make sure you have 12 gigs free space.. you need 3x the room of the size of the final iso for the temp files created along the way..

BUT .. if the file is not playing to start with what's the point? chances are it's broken.. unpack it (turn file extensions ON so you can see what the hell it is properly.. it could be something weird) and then as suggested vlc