1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid encoder software

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by scales11, Mar 31, 2007.

1. scales11

scales11 Member

Hi,
    so i am trying to backup a few movies and i am running into some problems. first off, xmpeg does not seem to load all the tracks on the dvd unlike flaskmpeg and lathe. also, flaskmpeg and xmpeg, i see two xvid codes, they both seem exactly the same, but why two? i also am having some problems in general with xvid (programs seem to crash during conversion) i am using the latest koepi xvid build, divx 5 seems to work fine, cept for the annoying upgrade prompts (trying to sell me the pro version). In the past i have tried autogk which worked pretty well except i found that it sometimes had issues with the audio getting out of sync, i found this odd because it usually started fine, but around an hour into the movie, all was messed up. i also have tried dvdx, which i found to be quite messy and complicated. it also produced so so results. i am attaching a screenshot of my codec list from in flaskmpeg.

OVERALL:
    I am looking for a good FREE compression solution. i hear xvid is the best, but i am having these issues with conversion programs. also, i am not a newb, but i am not extremely sure of every little adjustment in the encoders, so i would like a program that either is easy to use or has a few guides or tutorials. can anyone help me out with a good solution? also, my machine specs are as follows:

core2duo 6400
    2 gigs ram
    [​IMG]

2. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

Seems you are trying to convert your movies on your pc to avi format.
    Suggest you try autogk http://www.autogk.me.uk/. Link also has tutorial as well. The latest stable version is 2.40.