1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID error

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by maho24, Oct 27, 2003.

1. maho24

maho24 Member

Recently i downloaded a XVID movie. The first 100 minutes didn't give any problem with playing it (Some slight freezes, but nothing serious). But after +/- 100 minutes the movie gets freezing a lot for 2 minutes and finally crashes at one point. When I skip those 2 minutes the movie goes on without a problem. Clearly there are 2 bad minutes in the movie. I tried everything to solve the problem. I used virtualdub error report to find bad sectors, but it didnt find any! I saved the movie again in virtualdub with video direct stream and audio direct stream. I also tried divfix and divxrepair, but those programs also didn't find any problems.
    Now I can't decode the movie to VCD(I use TEMPGEnc) because TEMPGEnc crashes when it reach those 2 minutes
    Does anybody know what could be wrong with it and how to fix the problem so I can decode the XVID file to VCD ?

Maho

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. If the corruption isnt long consider cutting out those frames with VirtualDUB
    2. You can sometimes try to bruteforce reencode the movie again with VirtualDub

3. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

VirtualDub:

File-->Open

Check the Popup Extended Options Box

Open avi.

Check the re-derive keyframes flags box

Video and Audio menu: direct stream copy

Save Avi.